• Show
Clear All
  • nindanjoe
    Former Moderator
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Heart Disease information

Since LazyTown is about promoting balanced healthy lifestyle. I figured maybe we should start posting about health stuff. Here's a PBS special that talks about Heart Disease:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/takeonestep/heart/

You can watch it streaming online, and if you use the Quicktime option you can have Closed Captions on.

Basically the program talks about how to prevent heart disease, the current treatments, and how people think it's not a big deal, at least in America. I have high cholesterol and high blood pressure, so I was quite glad there was a video that had lots of information about this kind of stuff. I still have to watch the entire thing though. =P My mother and younger brother have the same things that I have, but they don't seem to care. So hopefully this 2 hour video might help them rethink things.

Exercise, fiber, and HDL (High Density Lipids, good fats) foods are the way to go!
  • Vespasian
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

And here I am eating chips and typing with one hand as not to get grease on my keyboard. :)

Not something I think I should need to worry about. Most of the time I eat pretty healthily.

Comment

Working...