• Show
Clear All
  • TarpLT
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    • May 2007

Originally posted by Zokita
    Originally posted by DSK
    I don't have too many thoughts on this subject. Just, I think women should have the option available, but I personally feel it's wrong and could never do it if ever in the situation. But not all women are going to feel the same as me, so that's their life choice to make.
    And I can really respect that. I never ever ever want to be pregnant, so in the event that I ever have sex (and I probably won't, I'm pretty much asexual) I will take every precaution possible, and if I still get pregnant, I might get desperate enough to abort (if it's still legal by then, that is, since the USA is moving in a very anti-choice direction).

Personally, I think that women should have the right to control what's in their bodies. I think the adoption system is flawed and not the idealistic option that pro-lifers make it out to be, and consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy and carrying the baby to term. Also, people shouldn't legislate their personal (and controversial) morality on others.

I understand this thread is more aimed towards jokes and extreme sarcasm, but I want to make my actual thoughts clear.
    I agree with everything you said except one thing (but I can't get pregnant I'm a guy).

consent to sex is not consent to pregnancy
    Unfortunately, it is. It is a risk/ side effect, so by risking having sex, you openly accept that you could get pregnant.

Comment

• Zokita
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by TarpLT

Unfortunately, it is. It is a risk/ side effect, so by risking having sex, you openly accept that you could get pregnant.
      Alright, let me put it another way:
      Consent to sex is not consent to staying pregnant and carrying to term.

Let me use a metaphor:

By riding a roller coaster at an amusement park, you consent to the risk (however small) that the ride might malfunction and you might get hurt. Would you expect the emergency technician to say 'Sorry, we're not treating you because you consented to the risks involved'?

I view pregnancy as a debilitating condition for people who don't want to be pregnant, it has a number of detrimental side effects listed here. Just because I consented to the risk of that happening doesn't mean I consented to accepting all those conditions and going through them without any treatment.

Comment

• Mosheddy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
        • Apr 2007

Consent to sex is not consent to staying pregnant and carrying to term.
        So what you're saying is that it is a womans right to lack of responsibility? hmmm, it can be seen both ways.

By riding a roller coaster at an amusement park, you consent to the risk (however small) that the ride might malfunction and you might get hurt. Would you expect the emergency technician to say 'Sorry, we're not treating you because you consented to the risks involved'?
        But are there life jackets on roller coasters? Also, on a roller coaster, if something does happen and nobody is hurt, you're not gonna break the neck of the little boy sitting next to you, are you?

Comment

• Zafa
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 28 - Friend For Life
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
          But are there life jackets on roller coasters? Also, on a roller coaster, if something does happen and nobody is hurt, you're not gonna break the neck of the little boy sitting next to you, are you?
          Eddy admit it, you got pwned by Zokita

Comment

• Sir Finkus
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 19 - Secret Friend
            • Apr 2007

lolocked

Comment

Working...