This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctor Who

Because this show is so amazing that it darn well deserves its own topic here!

Sci Fi channel just ran its (almost) all day marathon, so I pretty much got nothing accomplished because of it. BUT IT WAS SO WORTH IT. Even the season two finale that made me want to cry. And I'm trying to avoid raving, ranting and venting about it all, to avoid potential spoilers. So you should all go check it out on TV!! Or... you know... Whatever other methods work for you.

...And this Martha girl better be good. She's a smart girl, I'll give her that. But it's not Rose! ...but then I'm being too critical after only one episode of season three.

And has anyone ever watched the original Doctor Who series? I really want to, but that online tv site doesn't have any one complete season, and I'm picky about that...

So um... yeah... This is series is fantastic. Who else is with me? I know there's Mosheddy, at least

Well, I am with you for one.

Episode No.2 of Season Three is today (my timezone, obviously)

The story of the first ep was a bit wierd, I'll say, but I liked the hole to the center of the Earth thing. Let's hope this series is as good as the one before.

Comment

I used to watch it when I was a kid, but never really got into it.
      Some people might say that's because it was Sylvester McCoy, I couldn't possibly comment.

I tried watching it when it came back on in 2005, but still didn't really like it.
      I guess that was because of Chris Eccleston.

But I have really gotten into David Tennant. () He's a great actor with so much charisma.
      I hope he sticks around for a few years, because I really do like his Doctor.

And yeah, Martha's alright.

We just had the season "3" finale a week or so ago in the UK, but I'll spare you the spoilers.

Comment

I really liked Eccleston, so I was sad he was only around for one season. But David Tennant is really stealing the show. He better stick around for awhile. He's so dorky<3

Wasn't Slyvestor McCoy the really colorfully dressed Doctor? I was watching tribute videos on youtube of the different doctors (Tennant's is of course ridiculous), and they all look cool to me.

I don't think I'm going to stick to watching this new season once a week because Sci fi cuts parts out of episodes. Which I guess, isn't too surprising. They just HAVE to have as much time for commercials as possible. But when they cut out a part that then makes a later scene not make as much sense...augh. That's unecessary.

I happened to catch a name of one of the later episodes, something about Daleks...again. They just love their loopholes, huh? Not that that's a bad thing XD Daleks are pretty badass, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by DSK
          I really liked Eccleston, so I was sad he was only around for one season. But David Tennant is really stealing the show. He better stick around for awhile. He's so dorky<3

Wasn't Slyvestor McCoy the really colorfully dressed Doctor? I was watching tribute videos on youtube of the different doctors (Tennant's is of course ridiculous), and they all look cool to me.

I don't think I'm going to stick to watching this new season once a week because Sci fi cuts parts out of episodes. Which I guess, isn't too surprising. They just HAVE to have as much time for commercials as possible. But when they cut out a part that then makes a later scene not make as much sense...augh. That's unecessary.

I happened to catch a name of one of the later episodes, something about Daleks...again. They just love their loopholes, huh? Not that that's a bad thing XD Daleks are pretty badass, I'd say.
          I liked Eccleston too, his series got me into Doctor Who. I'm getting a bit tired of the Daleks, though, they just turn up everywhere. :)

At least they're better than those pesky Cybermen.

Comment

Haaa, the Cyberman vs Dalek battle was quite amusing though. "EX-TER-MI-NATE." "DELETE! DELETE!"

I love the outtakes though, of some of the Cyberman frolicking about in a park. XD

Comment

I am hardcore Dr Who fan, and have been for about 30 years. I've watched it all, believe me. When I was a teeneger my bedroom walls (and ceiling) were completely covered in Dr Who pictures.

My favorite Dr is Jon Pertwee (early 1970's), but David Tennant gives him a run for his money. When I was a teenager I had the biggest crush on Peter Davison, and got to meet him at a Dr Who convention.

It went downhill in the 80's and 90's, Colin Baker stuffed it up, and Sylvester McCoy killed it altogether. It wasn't their fault as actors, the producer at the time was disliked by many, and the storylines became very camp.

The new Dr Who is great, but I wish the episodes were longer. I liked the old format of one story being six half-hour episodes. I also like the whole Torchwood spin-off concept.

Martha is good, but I've just found out that she is being replaced next season by Donna (Catherine Tait), who I really can't stand. grrrr...

Comment

Originally posted by DSK
                I really liked Eccleston, so I was sad he was only around for one season. But David Tennant is really stealing the show...

Wasn't Slyvestor McCoy the really colorfully dressed Doctor?
                Sylvester McCoy had the umbrella.

The thing is, even though I was never really a fan until recently, you absolutely can't escape Dr. Who in this country.
                And I'm a purist, even with things I have no interest in.

See, the thing about the Doctors is that they're meant to be slightly out of place, and dress as if they researched 20th century clothing in a book and got some of the details wrong.
                Every old Doctor had his own costume quirk, from the long colourful scarf to the complete cricket strip.
                Plus, they're supposed to be this larger-than-life character that affects everyone they come into contact with.

Chris Eccleston looked and acted too... normal for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ponycat
                  Martha is good, but I've just found out that she is being replaced next season by Donna (Catherine Tait), who I really can't stand. grrrr...
                  ....What?! The redhead bride from the season two special? ....she comes back? D:

Comment

Originally posted by DSK
                    ....What?! The redhead bride from the season two special? ....she comes back? D:
                    Yes

Comment

I havn't seen this show, only actually heard it from DSK, but I am interested in seeing it

Comment

Never seen Dr Who !!!??? *gasps in shock*

You poor, poor people. That's so sad. My condolences to you both.

Actually, I think it's an aquired taste, like olives. You either love it or hate it.

Comment

Actually, I think it's an aquired taste, like olives. You either love it or hate it.
                          And I love olives!!

But yeah, I suppose it is. My dad, who typically is a science fiction fan, happened to sit in while I was watching the Runaway Bride episode and first episode of the third season, and kept making remarks about it. Ohh, how that technology could never work or makes no sense, and about the aliens being too anthropomorphic and such. I tried to tell him that--especially the christmas episode--it was not the best representation of the show... *sigh*

I'll accept ridicule about LazyTown, because yes, I'm technically watching a show whose targeted audience is well below my age, but leave Doctor Who alone.

*ahem*

Comment

Originally posted by DSK
                            Yes
                            No, donna is only in the christmas special, shes too freaked out to travel with the dr =P

Martha is the dr's new assistant in season 3 and apparently shes staying for season 4. She is good but shes completely different from rose's character, so keep an open mind.

You might also recognise martha in the finale of season 2 but shes someone else in the parrallel universe.

Comment

I saw an episode about an hour ago of the new series with Martha i dont mind her. Catherine Tait from the christmas special was irratating and i hope that WAS a one off.

I looove David Tennant. ( i remember watching him in 'Blackpool')
                              but i believe he is finishing up this season or something. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X