Seven Wonders of Get Lazy-THE FINAL LIST IS HERE!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zokita
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Seven Wonders of Get Lazy-THE FINAL LIST IS HERE!

In the summer of 2007, the community of Get Lazy was asked to name seven 'wonders' of the site, objects and ideas that best represent our unique culture. After a grueling nomination and voting process, the final seven wonders have been decided by you. Here they are!
    ---
    Zafa's GetLazy movies: (Pride)
    Movie I Movie II

Our talented flash animator, Zafa, has created two movies featuring the users and happenings of Get Lazy. Both opened to tremendous critical acclaim. After all, who doesn't like starring in a movie, thus cementing their insignificant place in animation history? I know I do!

Be sure to look forward to the movies coming in the future!

Asian Stephanie
    (Wrath)
    [img]http://img171.**********.us/img171/8837/asianstephaniesz1.png[/img]
    Who is this Asian Stephanie, you ask? Why, she is the embodiment of awesome. Just ask Zafa and the Asian Stephanie Squad

Okay, I'll be serious. Her origins are somewhat shrouded in mystery (unless you choose to read the true story as recounted by Zafa here), but as you can see from the image of her above, she first revealed her earthly form to us in the form of a moment in the LazyTown episode 'Surprise Santa'. For just a moment, her eyes scrunched shut and her radiant smile shone forth, thus Asian Stephanie was born. Since that day, she has re-emerged as a warrior skilled in the use of both katanas and automatic guns, has expanded her wardrobe to include winter boots with adorable pom-poms, and begun a rivalry with her opposite, Blue Stephanie. Her holy presence shall be with us for years to come.

CJVercetti's post count (Greed)
    I don't think this needs any further explanation.

DSK's fanart (Gluttony)
    [img]http://img215.**********.us/img215/3069/thetrixtermg0.jpg[/img]
    For the sake of brevity, I present you with only a single example here. If you would like to further explore the magic, more of DSK's fantabulous fanart can be found in this thread.

Our inability to stay on topic
    (Sloth)
    This should be fairly self-explanatory, but...I dare you to find a single thread longer than about 25 posts that remained on topic throughout its course. Go on. I dare you. In our hands, a thread about LT pics can turn into a debate on shoe fetishes, a member's introduction can turn into a thread on alternative sexualities, and a thread about music can turn into a feast of Julianna-fapping. But you know you love it.;)

Quagmire (Lust)

Meet Quagmire, a famed Family Guy character. He represents a world of double entendres, repressed sexualities, and the urge to get it on, baby. He is most likely to be seen when members are feeling a little frisky (which is to say pretty much all the time).

Stephanie's Shoes (Envy)
    [img]http://img469.**********.us/img469/4382/stephaniesshoes41if1.jpg[/img]
    (This next bit is dedicated to jujubean and Ilovestephshoes)
    Ah, take a look at these babies. The lovely and unique pink shoes that our pink pixie of a heroine, Stephanie, wears. Look at those accented curves, those sparkling laces, those sensual ridges! Don't they make you want to get up and move?
    ---
    And that, my friends, concludes the list. I hope you're happy with the results, but if you're not, life goes on I suppose.
    Moose
    0.00%
    Goose
    100.00%
  • Vespasian
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    • Apr 2007

So this is serious now? I didn't quite imagine it would get off it's feet, but seeing as it was my idea, I'd be happy to organise anything in necessary.

My nominations:

-The Great Quote Pyramids of the Movie Thread
    -Quagmire.

Comment

• moomoo
      Trixie's ToyBoy
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • Apr 2007

I thought it was Oozmin's idea?

I nominate that one thread, I don't remember the title but it was the one that inspired Samada to make his "My thoughts about this forum" topic and was the beginning of the and of GL as a clean community.

I'l have to think about the second one.

Comment

• Zokita
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

It was something suggestive about Julianna, wasn't it? I think I've seen it in the black hole where 'deleted' threads go to rot. I'll have to look through it again.

And yes, it was Oooz's idea, but a few others helped, I think.

Comment

• Vespasian
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
          I thought it was Oozmin's idea?

I nominate that one thread, I don't remember the title but it was the one that inspired Samada to make his "My thoughts about this forum" topic and was the beginning of the and of GL as a clean community.

I'l have to think about the second one.
          Yes, actually it was Ooozmin's idea, but I guess I did show immediate support for it. ;)

That thread you speak of must have been on one of the earlier boards, as there seems to be no trace of it.

I'm waiting for Mosheddy to nominate Nadia. :)

Comment

• Zokita
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

Well, the 'My thoughts about this forum' is still there, so maybe we can put that instead?

But if you want to go for our creepiness in general, I think 'Stephanie's Shoes' covers it adequately.

Comment

• Stevilito
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 21 - Poster By The Book
              • Apr 2007

edgar for being so talentous

and me cuz im that damn good

lolz just trying to have a joke

Comment

• moomoo
                Trixie's ToyBoy
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Apr 2007

The original thread got deleted. I didn't want to nominate our general creepines, but that specific thread because of the epic way it got made a mess of.

Comment

• Zokita
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Apr 2007

Alright, it'd be great if there were more specific details on that thread, but I guess that descriptor will have to suffice for now. There's still a week left.

Comment

• moomoo
                    Trixie's ToyBoy
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

Maybe someone will remember the topic name by then. If not I guess I can swap it for the LazyPics threads. Not quite as epic but a good second.

Comment

• LTgirl
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 18 - Wizard Of GetLazy
                      • Apr 2007

omg, cj. lol

Comment

• DSK
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                        • Apr 2007

Asian Stephanie.

And... I can't think of another idea, so I'll get back to that later.

Comment

• DSK
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

Oh right, the movies too! How many forums can say they have flash movies about itself. ;D

Comment

• ooozmin
                            Former moderator
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 29 - Villain Number One
                            • May 2007

I love how you guys capitalize the first "o" in my name. Yes I know it IS a name, but it just looks so silly. I was originally gonna make my name OOOZMIN but then ooozmin looks better I think. But Ooozmin....mah, that looks neat too. You people have to help me decide the PROPER format of my name, cause I don't even know what it should be gah!

My nominations:

i) The randomness of GetLazy (posts, avatars, sigs...)

ii) How we can never EVER EVER stay on topic

Somebody make their nomination on how I always post bold haha

Comment

• Howard the Duck
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

haha I just read that Samada post for the first time in awhile.

I love how he says "I am a 18-year old male who is 6'3"" TWICE. Like, in case we didn't figure it out the first time.

Comment

Working...