• Show
Clear All
  • Vespasian
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Okay.

This thread is designated for discussion of HP: OotP (the Movie, obviously), released just recently.

I have seen the movie already, but will without from any details until everyone else can.

But I will drop a hint, It's definitely worth seeing.
  • CmdrLuke
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    • May 2007

My sisters saw it today, but I watched Die Hard instead. If it's good I might see it another time though.

Comment

• Victoria
      Owner of GetLazy
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 28 - Friend For Life
      • Apr 2007

Harry Potter > Die Hard

Harry Potter has Emma Watson.

Comment

• ooozmin
        Former moderator
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 29 - Villain Number One
        • May 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
        Originally posted by Xizer
        Harry Potter > Die Hard

Harry Potter has Emma Watson.
        John McClane could kick the ass of every character in Harry Potter, then have many sex with Hermione.
        Yeah too bad J.K. Rowling didn't go with her original idea of making Harry Potter black and calling him "Hay Potts". I think the series would have done much better that way off. Just imagine his saying "I'm tired of theses motherf*cking Slytherin in this motherf*cking house!" Hay Potts would never tkae any shit from that Draco Milfboy or w/e his name his. Cmon, and Hermione would have taken a whole new role...just use ur imagination. Oh plus, his pet would DEFINITELY be a dogg and his broom would be blinging and spinnin MAD

Comment

• Sir Finkus
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 19 - Secret Friend
          • Apr 2007

I saw it today, Dumbledore doesn't die for some odd reason.

I must say it was the best Harry Potter movie so far, innaccuracies aside.

Comment

• DSK
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 15 - The Baby Troll
            • Apr 2007

Yeah, "Snape kills Dumbledore" is the 6th book. The one I still have to read before the 7th XD;;

I've only seen the first two Harry Potter movies, skipped the third because it's my favorite book so far and I don't want to be disappointed, forgot to watch the 4th, but now I'm really curious to see this new movie. I heard it's the shortest movie of the series?

Comment

• Victoria
              Owner of GetLazy
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

HARRY ACCIDENTALLY KILLS HERMIONE IN BOOK 7

The sequel to the feel good hit "DUMBLEDORE DIES IN BOOK 6"

Comment

• Victoria
                Owner of GetLazy
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Apr 2007

I'm also eagerly awaiting The Pirate Bay's inevitable transformation into "The Potter Bay" in the next few days

Comment

• Vespasian
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by DSK
                  Yeah, "Snape kills Dumbledore" is the 6th book. The one I still have to read before the 7th XD;;

I've only seen the first two Harry Potter movies, skipped the third because it's my favorite book so far and I don't want to be disappointed, forgot to watch the 4th, but now I'm really curious to see this new movie. I heard it's the shortest movie of the series?
                  Apparently it's the shortest, but it seemed pretty long to me. Though, the ending might've been a bit rushed.

Comment

• Vespasian
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

I'd hate to have to lock my thread and one which has lots of potential. So shut the hell up.

Comment

• Alaylith
                      GETLAZY MEMBER
                      Level 11 - The Blue Knight
                      • Apr 2007

I'll see the movie next week, it's only starting today here in Germany.

At first I didn't want to see the movie, because I didn't like the book very much, but after seeing trailers and such I'm pretty curious now. ^^

But Dumbledore got a new voice in german, that's so terrible!
                      McGonagall's new voice in the last movie was bad enough and now Dumbledore... *sniff*

Comment

• Mosheddy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Apr 2007

WHAT!? the ****ing yanks get this film first too? I give up.

seeing it today btw. ill review when i get back

Comment

• ooozmin
                          Former moderator
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 29 - Villain Number One
                          • May 2007

Transformers first, then this maybe...maybe, prob not though

Comment

• Mosheddy
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Apr 2007

It was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I took my sister to see it, who is an avid reader of the books and would point out every scene that was missing. According to her, the largest amount of the books plot that was cut from the film is all the relationship drama between the characters, to the point of where the minor role that cho plays is almost not needed at all. Stupid kissing bullshit that is meant to appeal to female viewers that havent read the books and they really milk it too, longest AND MOST UNNECESSARY underage kissing scene in the history of movies ever.

Also, the way they handled sirius death could have been done better. I remember my sister ruining this part for me over a year ago and she made it sound so dramatic but in the film, its really underplayed and sudden. For anyone, like myself, who hasn't read the books, you wouldn't know wtf that archway was for, its not explained at all.

Don't see this film with a book nerd, unless you are yourself a book nerd and have more book nerds to see it with, otherwise it'll be "omg i love this part!" or "omg this is missing!" every 10 seconds. Worth seeing for the voldamort/dumbledore wizardy fight alone, that shit was cool.

Comment

• kelly
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 19 - Secret Friend
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
                              longest AND MOST UNNECESSARY underage kissing scene in the history of movies ever.
                              Considering that scene was fade to black before the lips touched in the book, just from the fact they showed it I'm going to have to agree with you.

/Is finished with HP and thus has no intention of seeing this movie ever.

Comment

Working...