• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vespasian
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
    It was pretty good, I enjoyed it. I took my sister to see it, who is an avid reader of the books and would point out every scene that was missing. According to her, the largest amount of the books plot that was cut from the film is all the relationship drama between the characters, to the point of where the minor role that cho plays is almost not needed at all. Stupid kissing bullshit that is meant to appeal to female viewers that havent read the books and they really milk it too, longest AND MOST UNNECESSARY underage kissing scene in the history of movies ever.

Also, the way they handled sirius death could have been done better. I remember my sister ruining this part for me over a year ago and she made it sound so dramatic but in the film, its really underplayed and sudden. For anyone, like myself, who hasn't read the books, you wouldn't know wtf that archway was for, its not explained at all.

Don't see this film with a book nerd, unless you are yourself a book nerd and have more book nerds to see it with, otherwise it'll be "omg i love this part!" or "omg this is missing!" every 10 seconds. Worth seeing for the voldamort/dumbledore wizardy fight alone, that shit was cool.

I sure was glad I didn't read the book before I saw it. I think the kissing scene was necessary, even if pointless. The book nerds would complain in their thousands if it wasn't in.

Also, that fight at the end was pretty epic. Though I expected a bit more from the scenes before which seemed rather short and all, maybe that's just me.

Comment

• kelly
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 19 - Secret Friend
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Vespasian
      I think the kissing scene was necessary, even if pointless. The book nerds would complain in their thousands if it wasn't in.
      Originally posted by I (earlier, in reply to Mosheddy)
      Considering that scene was fade to black before the lips touched in the book...
      I think 'book nerds' are more likely to complain that the kiss was shown.

Comment

• Sir Finkus
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 19 - Secret Friend
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
        Originally posted by Sir Finkus
        I saw it today, Dumbledore doesn't die for some odd reason.

I must say it was the best Harry Potter movie so far, innaccuracies aside.
        He dies in the NEXT book you n00b! Even I know that come on.
        Lol, I completely forgot about that book, I don't even remember anything happening in it other than

SNAPE KILLING DUMBLEDORE!!!

Comment

• ooozmin
          Former moderator
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 29 - Villain Number One
          • May 2007

Haha, my friends little bro ruined the book for my sis (quite xtrm HP fan) ... she was MAD!

Comment

• SimbiAni
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 11 - The Blue Knight
            • May 2007

I saw HP5 the other day... still not sure what to make of it, but the overall feeling is "ehh"... While I didnt like the 5th book overall, I did like some parts, and the movie didnt have any of them, really. It also did feel too short. I liked the fourth movie, it had a lot of good fave moments. The first and second are just classic and blend together in a "early days" kind of nostalgia for me, heh. Out of all of them, the third movie has ended up being my fave, even tho my first-first impression was annoyed (mostly cuz it ended way too early), but the entire thing is enjoyably memorable, and just has an awesome feeling attached to it for me... lol.

Somehow, this year which was sposed to be the best movie summer ever for all the ones I was looking forward to, instead ended up quite disappointing, even tho I'm not that picky, really- just gimme the right amount of sappiness and snark and action and I'm set- oh well.

I still have one left to see- Fantastic Four 2! ;DD *fingers crossed*

And yea, Emma Watson = awesome, hee. Tho I have not read up on her or watched anything since like, 2005...? so I have a lot to catch up to! My EW vid from 2004: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yy4LNi8muqY

Comment

• ooozmin
              Former moderator
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • May 2007

Comment

• ChemKneazle
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
                • Jul 2007

Of all my extreme obsessions, HP is #1 (with Lazytown in at a close second recently), and I have just decided that the movies are more of an...accessory to the phenomenon that is Harry Potter. I have stopped being disappointed at what the movies leave out and have just started enjoying them for what they are - moving, embellished illustrations to make up for Marie GrandPre's atrocious attempts in the books (sorry to any GrandPre fans out there).

I will admit, though, that not having read the book, there is SO much that will not be understood - namely the archway.

One part that I was extremely disappointed about being left out, though, was the part where Neville meets his parents at St. Mungo's and his mom gives him the gum wrapper. I cried so hard when reading it and would have LOVED to have seen it on screen. Oh well.

Comment

• ooozmin
                  Former moderator
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • May 2007

you have to admit though, It is far better than MANY movies that were made from books

Comment

• ChemKneazle
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ooozmin
                    you have to admit though, It is far better than MANY movies that were made from books
                    I totally agree. I am SO thankful they didn't completely twist the plot around like they do in some movies made from books. And I am so grateful that they kept it English instead of turning him American like Disney wanted to do. I'm American and all, but turning Harry Potter American would be...like...as offensive as kicking puppies in the face to me.

I took the parents to see it tonight. My dad actually stayed awake through the whole thing! A very good sign.

Comment

• ooozmin
                      Former moderator
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • May 2007

E W...PERIOD

Comment

• ChemKneazle
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
                        • Jul 2007

E W...PERIOD
                        I don't know. As a girl, I'm more into the men. Gary Oldman is my choice. Older men...*blissful sigh*...

Also Alan Rickman...but that's another story.

Comment

• ooozmin
                          Former moderator
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by ChemKneazle
                          E W...PERIOD
                          I don't know. As a girl, I'm more into the men.
                          Oh rly never knew that!

Comment

• ChemKneazle
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
                            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by ChemKneazle
                            E W...PERIOD
                            I don't know. As a girl, I'm more into the men.
                            Oh rly never knew that!
                            Although...I've always had a woman-crush on Maggie Smith. That bun she has her hair in is killer-stylin'.

Comment

• Mosheddy
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                              E W...PERIOD
                              Emma Watson > All [Except Jules]
                              AHEM! I think you're forgetting a certain... NADIA!

she'll kick your ass man, i dont even wanna talk about it, shell kick your ass.

Comment

• ooozmin
                                Former moderator
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                • May 2007

Comment

Working...