No announcement yet.

Official Politics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And, anyways guys, I'm out of this debate. I've said my part...agree, disagree, such is life.

Comment

Originally posted by jobe9779
      and what happened to CJ... poor guy.
      He died.

Comment

Originally posted by kallikak
        So, do you make it a point to take up every single cause? If you're so concerned about others, why not take up the child sex trade as a cause? It seems to me that 8 year-olds being sold into prostitution rings is a little more serious than two d00ds not having their relationship recognized on a legal piece of paper.
        What does the child sex trade have to do with civil rights in the United States? As far as I know, this is not a significant problem at all in the United States.

Originally posted by Mosheddy
        arent bullshit statistics funny? especially the ones pulled out of your ass =)
        Umm, the 10% figure is a commonly stated percentage. Perhaps it is slightly exaggerated, likely being more around 6-7%. Still, that certainly wasn't "pulled out of my ass." I've heard that 10% figure thrown around frequently in news reports and the like.

Originally posted by kallikak
        Health Care: I've gone all my life without health insurance. I choose not to have it because I don't feel I need it. I exercise and I don't eat junk food everyday. Why on Earth should I pay for health care for others, especially those who don't exercise and eat crap everyday? Cancer? Well, unfortunate, but sorry, really not my responsibility to take care of you. Sorry, your police/fire dept argument doesn't fly, as police are necessary to maintaining a civilization. MRIs are not. Take the Murray-Hill riot, for example.
        Ahh, the joys of youth. One day when you get diagnosed with cancer or some other disease you've never even heard of you will realize how stupid you were. Foresight is truly a gift; it is unfortunate that you do not possess it. Such ignorance in the statement that free healthcare is only beneficial to lazy fat people is just disturbing. The sad thing is that I'm probably younger than you, and even I can realize the importance of providing health care to society.

Thousands of Americans die every year because they do not have health insurance. That is simply unacceptable.

Sorry to kill your dreams, buddy, but adding $.50 to the gas tax isn't going to slow down global warming....it's just going to piss people off. Unless you've given up your car, given up heating or cooling your home, given up buying anything manufactured, and are self-sufficiently living in the forest on nuts and berries, STFU about global warming, because you might be causing it, too.
        Who the **** said anything about some random fifty cent tax? Preventing global warming means signing the Kyoto Treaty, finding alternative fuel sources, funding projects to adapt a new standard in fuels for vehicles.

Comment

Wow I'm not even going to try to get into this... I disagree with all of you, but grats to Xizer for suspending CJ.

Comment

Xizer, I agree with all of your points. I stand amazed.

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I'd re-elect the Mayor for the position of mayor of Lazytown.

I mean, I'm just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by ChemKneazle
                I don't know about you guys, but I'd re-elect the Mayor for the position of mayor of Lazytown.

That's BS! He's a clueless pantywaist who can't even protect his own niece, let alone his citizens! A man in a dinosaur costume chases his 8 year-old niece out of her bedroom in the middle of the night and doesn't get punished at all? LazyTown needs more solid leadership than that!

:o) {{{Chem}}}

Comment

Reasons to not have political discussions on GetLazy, as evidenced by this thread:
                  1) It encourages people to get banned.
                  2) It encourages people to get angry at each other.
                  3) It encourages Xizer to speak.

Originally posted by Xizer
                  Well hey, I'm not Jewish, so who gives a shit? Round those ****ers up and gas 'em! Yeah! Doesn't affect me.
                  Godwin's Law. THREAD OVER.

Comment

I'm sorry, re-elect? I thought he declared a dictatorship at the end of Double trouble. "From now on, the only person to impersonate the mayor shall be ME!" or something along those lines.

Comment

Anyone wanna talk about the other half of the world...you know the one that's is poor but most people live there? Let's go ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi12

That's BS! He's a clueless pantywaist who can't even protect his own niece, let alone his citizens! A man in a dinosaur costume chases his 8 year-old niece out of her bedroom in the middle of the night and doesn't get punished at all? LazyTown needs more solid leadership than that!
                        Who can honestly say they haven't run into a few blunders here and there? I mean seriously! Even Sportacus has been hoodwinked by the likes of Robbie Rotten (shoes) in the past! It's unfair to simply dwell on past misadventures when considering the potential adequacy of a future mayoral candidate. You have to look at what they're working towards for the future! It was the mayor, after all, who is essentially responsible for acquiring the help of Sportacus 10 for all of Lazytown by inspiring his niece to call for his services. It could be said that because of the Mayor, Lazytown has improved its overall physical and emotional wellbeing immensely.

EDIT: Yay! Bracket hugs! {{{Luigi12}}}

Comment

He is also personally involved in numerous LazyTown beautification projects, I think that counts for something!

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
                            He is also personally involved in numerous LazyTown beautification projects, I think that counts for something!
                            Stephanie: LazyTown, it's kinda...well, it's a little bit messy.
                            Mayor: Oh, you think so. Well I suppose I could clean it up.
                            Stephanie: That'd be a good idea. You are the mayor.

Duh. Nuff said. :o)

Comment

I think Global Warming is awesome, best thing that has happened to the world since the discovery of Mars

Comment

Originally posted by ooozmin
                                Anyone wanna talk about the other half of the world...you know the one that's is poor but most people live there? Let's go ;)
                                As George Carlin would say, "**** Pakistan"

Comment

Working...
                                X