• Show
Clear All
  • nindanjoe
    Former Moderator
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

128 - LazyTown's Greatest Hits (US) [EdisLeado's recording]

A big thanks to EdisLeado for the DVD recording and taking the time to upload that sucker! Doing Telecide (for IVTC) on this one was a lot easier than Little Sportacus. Why? Because Robbie's Lair had lots of grating which look like interlaced lines from a distance!

Download links (get both and extract with WinRAR): [Dead links]

175MB extracted. x264 version available on request (looks pretty good when compared to the XviD version). EDIT: Nevermind, x264 at the bottom of the post.
    Video stats:
    Codec: XviD (640x480)
    Audio: 128kb/s CBR MP3
    FPS: 23.976
    By the by, here's the commercial I found in the credits of Edis' recording. It's 320x240 because it's one of those things mixed with the credits. I would have done 480x360, but I had some problems with that (interlaced problems).

Here it is: [Dead link]

You'll see some blockiness in there somewhere, probably due to a bad antenna signal at that moment.

x264 version (download both and extract with WinRAR - 175MB): [Dead links]

EDIT (9-20-2007): Fixed versions: [Dead links]

EDIT (1-31-2008): Edited the above post, here's the latest link that works (XviD): http://www.**************/?d=QF05S22D]E28 DL Link[/url]

MD5 of RAR:
    Code:
    f22361fc9e0b94a4e9b46a76ce9480ed *e28x.rar
    MD5s of the individual files (x264 included, but not uploaded - request it if you wants it):
    Code:
    8d3988a53e39858007b3546ae4a42b82 *LazyTown.E28.LazyTown's.Greatest.Hits.(XviD.MP3).avi
    47d9731911dc9a6e8b63e5677dc45f74 *LazyTown.E28.LazyTown's.Greatest.Hits.x264.en-us.mp4
    *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic
  • Mr_Gazpacho
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    • Jul 2007

Re: 128 - LazyTown's Greatest Hits (US) [EdisLeado's recording]

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!!!!!!
    Both of you, that is.
    Lossless trance collection. (Work in progress)
    Originally posted by nindanjoe
    STOOOOOODGHIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!!!

Comment

• yosy
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 9 - Energy Poster
      • Apr 2007

what he said.

you probably cant sense how satisfying it is to download the final episode i have not watched yet, but...
      IT'S HAMMER TIME IT'S HAMMER TIME COOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• nindanjoe
        Former Moderator
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

You're welcome, guys. Unfortunately there's some slight problems with the encodes. The audio has a ringing to it, which I didn't hear until I turned my volume up. Xizer also said the video is too bright and blurry so I'm going to have to work on another version. The old links will stay up for anyone that wants it.

Comment

• W32
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
          • Aug 2007

Thanks a lot for this

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 29 - Villain Number One
            • May 2007

Unfortunately there's some slight problems with the encodes. The audio has a ringing to it, which I didn't hear until I turned my volume up. Xizer also said the video is too bright and blurry so I'm going to have to work on another version.
            I've got 2 broadcast quality copies of this episode, 1 UK and 1 Canadian.
            They're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but seeing as there are aparrent problems with ths one, I can upload if you want.

Maybe you'd be able to clean them up a bit, or take the best audio and pair it with the best video.

I was holding off on posting them because you were doing this version, and I assumed it would be of your usual high standards and would render them obsolete.
            Originally posted by Julianna Rose Official
            GetLazy is our next target it will be closed very shortly.

Comment

• nindanjoe
              Former Moderator
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

I'd be interested in that Canadian one you have. Is it the one by Edis? And if so, does it have that hissing sound? Speaking of that, I could only hear it if I pointed my ear towards the speaker and turned up the volume. Since Xizer is younger than me, or has better speakers/headphones than I do, he was able to hear this higher frequency sound. I do have the UK one by OTR. Actually, I'm going to run a few tests on Xizer including both audio and video. I've attempted to do a hiss reduction on the original audio and it appears to have gone down a great deal, but I'm going to need Xizer to hear it. The video, I will take screenshots and do a single blind test on him. Then I just might do that same single blind test here.

Edit: Ah, I think I figured it out. I'll fiddle around with the Brightness and related stuff in AviSynth. Probably no blind test is needed for the video. :)

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • May 2007

I'd be interested in that Canadian one you have. Is it the one by Edis?
                Errmmm.... probably.

It's 720x480 and 608mb because the audio's a wav.
                There is a little bit of background noise, but I wouldn't call it a hiss, and I wouldn't have noticed it if I wasn't looking for it.

Seeing as you've got the video problems down, I'll just upload the audio and it'll be easy enough for you to mux it.
                Unless you'd prefer to have the whole thing?

Comment

• nindanjoe
                  Former Moderator
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Apr 2007

It's possible the audio might be the same. Maybe you could give me a 30 second sample of the beginning to prevent the big upload. The beginning had a bit of silence with the high pitched hissing being heard more easily if I pointed my ear towards the speaker.

Anywho, here's that hissing test for anyone interested in trying it (the more people the better!). However, do not do this experiment if you have hearing problems, have an aversion towards loud sounds, or just don't want to potentially hear a high frequency sound.

Download this 10MB file, extract the three sample .wav files, and give each one a listen (individually):

http://anonym.to/?http://www.mediafire.com/?2yiztboen5x

This is a single blind test (correction: experiment). The hissing is supposed to be a high frequency. Does it appear in any of the samples? If it does, post your results!

Speaking of high frequency, this is probably why Xizer heard the sound easily whereas I had to point my ear at the speakers (I'm an old fart):

Article: What's the Buzz? Rowdy Teenagers Don't Want to Hear It
                  Link: http://tinyurl.com/jsp4k

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • May 2007

I can hear it on "Sample 50" and "Sample Theta".
                    Not on "Sample D", but that one sounds too muffled overall.

And yeah, it's the same noise as on my copy, so there's not much point in me sending to you now.

Comment

• nindanjoe
                      Former Moderator
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Apr 2007

Thanks for giving those samples a listen. Sample D was the one I attempted to fix. I was hoping the muffled sound wouldn't be to noticeable, but it looks like it is. lol, I was aiming for Sample Theta to be the worse of the bunch since I just I applied the Hiss Reduction twice on it. Strange stuff, I needs more skillz in Audio Editing.

Here's some screenshots I took of the original stuff in AviSynth, which is before the encoding step. Do things look a little blurry?

Resize then RemoveDirt + MipSmooth:
                      [img]http://img47.**********.us/img47/4366/screenshot001wd2.th.png[/img]

Just a Resize:
                      [img]http://img110.**********.us/img110/6568/screenshot002zm5.th.png[/img]

Saturation test:
                      [img]http://img205.**********.us/img205/354/screenshot002satho4.th.png[/img]

Just for fun:

To do that in AviSynth, it's Tweak(Sat=0).

Also, for comparison. From the XviD encode of Sportacus Who?:

Comment

• Victoria
                        Owner of GetLazy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 28 - Friend For Life
                        • Apr 2007

I hear ringing in every single one of those audio files.

Also, I would intentionally loiter around a store that had one of those "mosquito" things, just to be spiteful.

Comment

• nindanjoe
                          Former Moderator
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

Dag, yo. I'll do a little Googling and see if there's some easy way to get rid of 'em.

lol, if I could hear those frequencies, I would loiter too. Maybe even fake a seizure in front of the boss.

Comment

• kelly
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 19 - Secret Friend
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Xizer

Also, I would intentionally loiter around a store that had one of those "mosquito" things, just to be spiteful.
                            Earplugs are wonderful things. Frankly, they're the only reason I can stand having to catch a school bus to get to TAFE.

Comment

• Victoria
                              Owner of GetLazy
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 28 - Friend For Life
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kelly
                              Originally posted by Xizer

Earplugs are wonderful things. Frankly, they're the only reason I can stand having to catch a school bus to get to TAFE.
                              Sound isolating earphones.

Better.

Comment

Working...