Website is slow sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Website is slow sometimes

Dreamhost is a cheap place for websites with visitors from the US, but for international visitors it's a terrible host. The last time (januari 2015) we discussed hosts Dreamhost had just moved our server in november and problems were solved with that move. I never thought it came back again because they said it's a stable server. Obviously they lied and I saw they still use an old MySQL version on their shared virtual servers.

The best thing is that we need to find a better host in december and we have to pay a little more money for that, although I don't think that would be a problem because most of the members here live in the richest countries of the world according to the Global Wealth Report 2015 ;)

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
    It's feasible that there is some kind of negative interaction with the "Random Picture" box and the GetLazy galleries. Did you try to disable that and see what happens?
    I did test that, like any other plugin, but it didn't change that much.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      The best thing is that we need to find a better host in december and we have to pay a little more money for that.
      I can get behind that idea.

Comment

Is the site more responsive now? I disabled Pagespeed.

Comment

pretty fast atm...as always at a time when the most of the 'murricans are still in morpheus' arms... ;)

edit: frontpage login & marking posts as read don't work properly since
          Gallery

Comment

We will found out in about 6h from now and the rest of the days at that time.

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            frontpage login & marking posts as read don't work properly since
            Can you be more specific? I can't see any diffenrence.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I'm not logged in after typing pass and username...I need to refresh the site afterwards to really get in but seems it's a problem with Chrome....IE works properly

still fast over here btw...
              Gallery

Comment

I guess it helped a bit. It's still loading slower than other sites, but I feel like it has improved a bit since last time. Could be placebo though, I'm not sure.

Logging in works fine for me btw.
                I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I never login in site. It had remembered password and login. Apropos, updates to the site would not prevent

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                    I guess it helped a bit. It's still loading slower than other sites, but I feel like it has improved a bit since last time.
                    I second that. The loading time is way better tonight than it has been recently.
                    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Normal loading times are between 1,800 and 2,200. The average is 0,5 to 2 seconds higher because of the higher loading times between 6AM and 1PM (13:00h).
                      This is from october 2nd (one day ago) and represents what happened in the weeks before, though the loading times seems to be a bit lower. The fact is that the loading times between 6AM and 1PM are significant higher compared to the period between 1PM and 6AM the next day. This is what I was telling Dreamhost support the last couple of weeks but not more than "the site is responsive now" was all I got for an answer every time.

Comment

Hmmm, was going to post something about looking into their tier packages seems they only have only
                        two services for what we need. One is $8.95 a month and the other is $149 a month but even at
                        that high price all they seem to offer is 100% Uptime Guaranteed and no mention about loading speeds.

A dedicated server gives you the ultimate in control, power and security. With your own server, there'll be no more noisy neighbors disrupting your website performance.
                        You'll have access to all the server resources and horsepower you need for your website. Plus, with our dedicated server experts managing and monitoring the performance of your server 24x7,
                        you can focus on your business.
                        Guess the horsepower and noisy neighbors is the reference for loading speeds. More than likely, the noisy neighbors is our issue since I
                        do recall that being an issue in the past. And I figure their stance is oh well you are only paying $8.95 a month you just have to deal with it.

Came across this site while looking into hosting providers:

https://www.hostingkingdom.com/bluehost-review
                        https://www.hostingkingdom.com/dreamhost-review

https://www.hostingkingdom.com/bluehost-vs-dreamhost

Seems they are all pretty much the same except bluehost offers automatic weekly backups

Comment

There is a big step between shared server and dedicated server, you pay at least 10 times more. There is also a VPS.

Most of the Shared hosting has Slow Content Delivery as negative point.
                          http://1dayhosting.com/new2/

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                            There is a big step between shared server and dedicated server, you pay at least 10 times more. There is also a VPS.

Most of the Shared hosting has Slow Content Delivery as negative point.
                            http://1dayhosting.com/new2/
                            Yeah it's hard to judge anything by these review sites though you go to one they rave about certain hosts go to another review site and they have completely different reviews all either plus
                            or minus. Would be nice to find an actual non-partial web hosting review site.

Do you know if Dreamhost does CPU throttling?

Comment

Comment

It's the best results, isn't it?
                                Or we have problems?

Comment

Working...
                                X