• Show
Clear All

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Comment

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Wind? How about sun. My favorite song from the Sun Worshippers Dept.

Morning sunlight
          Clears the darkness out of my mind
          Warming the dreams
          That I have come here to find

See you up above
          Feel you burning love
          Stay there and

Please take me away
          No chains could ever hold you
          Kill me each day
          I owe my soul to you

I see you up above
          Feel you burning love
          Stay there and

Shine
          Shine
          Shine
          Shine

Shine
          Shine
          Shine
          Shine​

Morning sunlight
          Clears the darkness out of my mind
          Warming the dreams
          That I have come here to find

See you up above
          Feel you burning love
          Stay there and​

Shine
          Shine
          Shine
          Shine

Shine
          Shine
          Shine
          Shine​​

Comment

• boredjedi
            boredjedi commented
            Editing a comment
            Wouldn't be out of place in the late 60's Psychedelic period. Has that sound. Good stuff.

Comment

This is a soothing background recording. Someone added ocean noises etc to the Shipping Forecast. Unfortunately it has a rather annoying animation so it is best put in another tab and minimized to just have the sound on.

Wouldn't be out of place in the late 60's Psychedelic period. Has that sound. Good stuff.

The Primitives were a 60's inspired band, that's where the jangly guitars came from. Unlike the Smiths, who broke up when Morrissey wanted to do 60's covers, the Primitives did a bunch of them. A bunch of EP's as well as the Echoes and Rhymes album.

This isn't exactly a subtle 60's homage

Comment

• boredjedi
              boredjedi commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope not at all 😁

The 60's theme for Panic should have been used for Shine. Would have fit the song a lot better.

I always thought that mic stand was rather clever

Comment

Pure is an album, not a song. Not sure what you mean. The Pure album cover shows them in 60's styles. He has a mod haircut and is wearing a necklace of beads. Doves? Flowers? Can't tell what they are exactly. She is wearing a very hip and leg hugging skirt. Quite flattering I must say and not something you typically saw in the 80s. At least I never did and I was paying attention lol. And enough bracelets to make Stephers jealous.

The only Julian Cope song I have ever heard is this one which I posted earlier.

Comment

• boredjedi
                boredjedi commented
                Editing a comment
                Reverse time. That one I don't remember. I know the World Shut Your Mouth. Been listening to play lists using the search 80's obscure song. Boy what a rabbit hole that is.
                I'm currently on a list that has 1,036 80s songs. That's how I found the The Call Walls Come Down. The list had another song from them but the bell went off and I did a seperate
                search for The Call. As I scrolled down, there it was bingo! heh Anyway,I forgot how many rather crap songs were produced in the 80s. I only remember most of the 80s top ten
                since that's what the radio usually played all the time. The used the rather mediocre songs for filler mostly heh.

As for the Primitives, the Shine song would make an excellent Pink Floyd style psychedelic video.

Oh Bugger thanks a brain fart again. I fixed it and put Shine. heh

Comment

Ah Shriekback, one of my favorite bands. Probably had the most intelligent lyrics of any 80's band.

Nemesis was an idea in vogue at the time. In 1984 astronomers put forth the idea of a dark star orbiting the Sun at a right angle to the plane of the ecliptic, and when it passed close to Earth, was responsible for ancient mass extinctions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesi...thetical_star)

In 1985 that album Oil & Gold came out.

Other references in the lyrics of that song include the movie Apocalypse Now:

We are no monsters, we're moral people
                And yet we have the strength to do this
                This is the splendor of our achievement
                Call in the air strike with a poison kiss​

The first two lines are paraphrases of Col Kurtz discussing the Viet Cong. The last line of course, is Capt Willard.

Oil & Gold and Big Night Music were both great albums.

I first heard of them from their earliest work though, such as

and

But maybe my favorite album was one that never got a US CD release, to my huge frustration. Jam Science.

Here is a taste.

Comment

• boredjedi
                  boredjedi commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I forgot one thing the lyrics. You do a lot of digging on them it seems. Good connections there.

Quite understandable about the Sun having a dark companion could be a brown dwarf who knows.
                The single type Sun system we have is the exception rather than the rule. They're still trying to
                figure out what's disturbing objects in the outer orbit of the solar system. The idea of Nemesis is
                still there but it's mostly amongst the scientist and not in the main stream.

I vaguely remember that song All Lined Up. Achtung, My Spine is a Baseline nothing in memory about that.
                Achtung Almost sounds Clash like. And My Spine it was in the list as well. I was like so is mine heh.

But maybe my favorite album was one that never got a US CD release, to my huge frustration. Jam Science.
                Record company decisions. It's all about the $$$$ and what they think will sell or not. Sucks when they do that.
                Speaking of CDs rather sad mine are all gathering dust along with the vinyls since I can get all those songs online.

Last video for the night. Finished that list.
                I'm going to need some serious therapy when I get done with these lists 😄

Comment

Never heard that one but this one got some airplay on KROQ in Los Angeles when I was there.

Comment

• boredjedi
                    boredjedi commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hmmm don't remember that one. They played Lucrecia My Reflection a lot on the radio stations here including the college stations.
                    Rather surprising the college station didn't play that one unless they did but not that often. Then again the college station playlists
                    were usually what the DJ liked or when they did the call in for suggestions which they did quite often. More than likely to see how many listeners there were.

Here is an interesting find, not just the entire album (which I have also found as separate tracks) but also two B sides I don't recall coming across before.

Always enjoy their lyrics.

Interestingly I think they are still making albums to this day. I have seen a lot of them on Amazon as MP3's.

Comment

Another 80s song that was in that list

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
                      Interestingly I think they are still making albums to this day. I have seen a lot of them on Amazon as MP3's.
                      I actually came across a couple of 80s groups that are still going making new music.

Shriekback for one.

Edit: Really. I hate that when they block embedding and can only watch on youtube.

Comment

Working...
                      X