This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Youtube.com

Somehow I managed to keep my (anonymous) user name on Youtube despite connecting my account to Google Plus.
    So now when I sign into Youtube it asks me which name I want to use.
    I think there was an option somewhere to keep using your nondescript name.
    But in the end, it is still connected to my Google Plus account, people just can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
      Somehow I managed to keep my (anonymous) user name on Youtube despite connecting my account to Google Plus.
      So now when I sign into Youtube it asks me which name I want to use.
      I think there was an option somewhere to keep using your nondescript name.
      But in the end, it is still connected to my Google Plus account, people just can't see it.

Yeah that's what I did as well. If I remember correctly, they didn't have that option a while back and I was just selecting go away don't bother me until another time. It wasn't until recently I saw that option and went with that.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I kept my faked account name as well...I've just noticed that "best comments" is the standard view now...you have to change it to "latest first" to see the real comment history...other than that original comments which are connected to answers pops up in a new window now when you cklick them...man that's not fun anymore

@BJ: I think it's not a good idea to sign the petition...big brother is watching me and I want to keep my channel ....besides I doubt that it would change anything
        Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
          @BJ: I think it's not a good idea to sign the petition...big brother is watching me and I want to keep my channel ....besides I doubt that it will change anything
          Afraid of the big bad wolf are we? :) Woof!

Yeah I know it probably won't

Youtube R.I.P. 2005-2008

The Golden Age of the internet is surely dying

http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/c...ew_commenting/

Comment

I realize that I haven't posted a comment for months on YT. This new google trick doesn't really stimulate me.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I only ever comment in religious YT debates (/flame wars) so I'd rather not use my real name. Keep the death threats limited to YT.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo View Post
                I only ever comment in religious YT debates (/flame wars) so I'd rather not use my real name. Keep the death threats limited to YT.
                Apparently youtube forgot about the 500 character limit on comments. So now you can comment the entire text from the bible if you wish. "People are posting Braveheart (the complete story) and stuff, along with spamming ASCII images".

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
                  Apparently youtube forgot about the 500 character limit on comments. So now you can comment the entire text from the bible if you wish. "People are posting Braveheart (the complete story) and stuff, along with spamming ASCII images".
                  Lol, how are they not immediately fixing that?

Comment

• Youtube.com

i want the ancient comment panel back... the one in 2007

Comment

Yesterday I couldn't figure out how to see the comment to which another comment was a reply. Anyone know how?

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo View Post
                        Yesterday I couldn't figure out how to see the comment to which another comment was a reply. Anyone know how?
                        For me, a new (same) page opens everytime in a new tab and the linked comment are at the top, and I need to close the other browser tab evertime. You need to remember what the other comment was because you can't find that back in this new screen unless it was part of the randomly chosen top comments :?

[sarcasm]
                        Well paid academic website engineers came up with this ingenious plan! Now you can fill up all your browser tabs with google-youtube pages.
                        [/sarcasm]

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

What I don't get is the switch account option. I get a screen with 4 accounts and it asks me to make another one..

I guess four is more than enough! but no..

Comment

How to Comment WITHOUT Google+ connected to your YT

1. Right-click in a normal, empty comments box below a video.
                            2. Choose "This Frame" in the Firefox drop-down menu.
                            3. Choose "Open Frame in New Tab".

It will open a new tab with the comments box, and you be able to type into the comments box and post in this new tab. It worked for me without having the channel connected to Google+

Comment

Never thought this would happen one day but I can add a link an external site in the video, like I did now to the LazyTown Soundcloud page.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA1PJiSCbB8

Comment

I can't access my youtube channel which I've had since 2009, instead when I log onto YT I see my email address and it talks me through how to set up a channnel (!) I haven't clicked on any pop ups or anything like that, no idea how to get it back.
                                Thankfully it's still there when I search for it on YT, thought they had deleted it.

Oh apparently this is what I'll have to do each time I want to use YT, sign out of spy mail, sorry, gmail, sign in, click on YT then click on my user name, that's sooooo quick and easy
                                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                                X