• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the movie thread

billwurtz.com/movies.mp4
    Stuff you can do here
    1 - talk about movies in general
    2 - share your favourite movies
    3 - talk about actors, actresses, movie classifications, studios- anything related to movies.
    RULES!!!!
    1 - be honest and share opinions
    2 - don't talk about movies rated NC-17, or your countries equivalent
    3 - don't talk about movies banned in your country
    4 - don't share a link to the movie, just share a link to the bluray, DVD, vhs or digital download
    5 - don't spoil the movie you're talking about, just type the story in a nutshell
    6 - have fun, enjoy talking about movies, and have common sense

no one cares.. but my favourite movies are
    Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules [rated PG, 2011]
    Home Alone 2: Lost in New York [rated MA- uh I mean PG, 1992]
    Die Hard With a Vengeance [rated M, 1995]
    Die Hard 2: Die Harder [rated M, 1990]
    Rush Hour 2 [rated M, 2001]
    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

One thing I noticed is how crappy trailer editing is. Take Die Hard's US trailer for example. From 1:28-1:31, they just cut through the "motherfu___r" with a loud explosion so that audiences didn't hear the f bomb. At 1:33 of the SAME trailer, they did a crappy editing of the word 'sh**' and just muted everything. The 80s trailers were always goofy

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post
      . Take Die Hard's US trailer for example. From 1:28-1:31, they just cut through the "motherfu___r" with a loud explosion so that audiences didn't hear the f bomb.
      They did the same thing with Die Hard 3 at 2:13!!

Comment

Trailers back then were much better than trailers today. They were not overlong, did not give you the sense that you had seen the whole movie just from watching the trailer, and made you want to go see the movie. The main thing trailers do today is make me not want to watch the film.

Here, in my opinion, is the best trailer of all time, the height of the trailer art, from 1979.

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
          Trailers back then were much better than trailers today. They were not overlong, did not give you the sense that you had seen the whole movie just from watching the trailer, and made you want to go see the movie. The main thing trailers do today is make me not want to watch the film.

Here, in my opinion, is the best trailer of all time, the height of the trailer art, from 1979.

Woah. That's honestly really hyping up. And trailers nowadays do kinda suck, which is why whenever a movie from the 80s-00s gets a modernised trailer I hate it

Comment

Hyping up? I don't understand what you mean.

How is my opinion "hyping" anything? It's just my opinion.

Comment

Hyping up? I don't understand what you mean.

How is my opinion "hyping" anything? It's just my opinion.
              If I had any way to watch Alien, this trailer would've got me excited

Comment

It's hard to overstate the impact Alien had on almost everything horror/scifi. It was coming on the heels of the benevolent ETs in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" and decades of Godzilla and Dracula/Wolfman type movies. Horror and sci fi movies were not actually scary for adults. Until Alien. Nobody saw that without jumping out of their seat several times during the film.

Well Jaws did it for non-sci fi first I suppose. I knew adults decades later who still would not go in the ocean after seeing Jaws and finding out real great white sharks can actually get significantly bigger than the one in the movie. I grew up in the Northeast U.S. and a large great white killed five or six people in a row there one year early in the 20th century. It even swam miles up a river/creek and got someone in what they thought was a safe area far from the ocean. After seeing Jaws people would read about sharks to try to dispel their fears and find out these huge things really were out there and they really did eat people.

This isn't a bad trailer, they don't show you the "monster", which is a prerequisite for a decent horror trailer, but it doesn't compare to the Alien one IMO.

Comment

I haven't watched any movies lately. Perhaps this thread can give me some inspiration.

What I usually do is hang out in front of the TV and see what kind of programs come on, like series, talk shows, funny shows. I watch detective lately.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

What kind of movies do you like?

Comment

What kind of movies do you like?
                      Better to ask what I don't like because I don't really care about the type of movie genre. I don't like watching horror movies or other scary stuff, unless it's absurd.
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I recommend Dark Star, John Carpenter's first film. It's quite funny to me.

Comment

I recommend Dark Star, John Carpenter's first film. It's quite funny to me.

Let there be light!!!!
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post

Better to ask what I don't like because I don't really care about the type of movie genre. I don't like watching horror movies or other scary stuff, unless it's absurd.
                            If you like 1990s black (15+) comedy, try Friday. Rated idfk I'm not American
                            If you like action, try (you guessed it) Die Hard 1-4. The 5th one is garbage. All Rated R
                            if you like comedy adventure, try the first 2 spongebob movies. Rated PG
                            If you like just straight comedy violence, try the Home Alone movies. Rated PG
                            if you like fantasy, try spy kids. Rated PG
                            Drama/thriller? The Good Son. Rated R.
                            Coming of age? Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Movie. Rated PG.
                            Space fantasy? Star Wars franchise. Probably Rated PG.
                            Family comedy romance (jesus christ!!)? Are We There Yet. Rated PG (should be PG-13)
                            Buddy cop story? Rush Hour. Rush Hour 2. Rush Hour. All rated PG-13
                            documentary? This Film Is Not Yet Rated. Not Rated. The irony in THAT
                            Something you've already watched Lazytown's New Superhero.

Comment

I'd like to talk about this book - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wimpy_Kid_Movie_Diary
                              It's pretty smart. Jeff Kinney makes 4 bestsellers, then 3 motion pictures, then 3 books about those motion pictures. Then another motion picture, another BOOK about that motion picture, and by now he's already made 12 bestsellers.
                              If you need references on the movies - they're AWESOME!!!!!
                              Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Movie - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZVEIgPeDCE
                              Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfRGA3koZs
                              Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3: Dog Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzjbsyY4lY

Comment

Working...
                              X