X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StingX
    ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Mar 2009

I watch movies regularly. I still enjoy going to the movie theater, and I'll watch movies on my own at home and I also regularly watch a movie with a friend online on Fridays. This month in new releases I've seen Paint, Renfield, Dungeons and Dragons, and The Super Mario Movie. Of those 4 I liked Dungeons and Dragons the most but none of them stuck to me.

With my friend, we watched the Twilight movie series, at my suggestion. I had never seen them and wanted to see if they were as bad as people said. Turns out they are.

Right now my most anticipated movie is Barbie, followed by Asteroid City. I'll put an asterisk on Asteroid City because I am feeling more and more that the director, Wes Anderson, is becoming a parody of himself. Still, I'll go in with an open mind. Oh, and Saw X because that movie series is ridiculous and jumped the shark so long ago so it's funny to see the next chapter of the gorey soap opera its become :p

Some of my favorite movies coming immediately to me are Inglorious Basters (cannot go wrong with Tarantino), Max Mad: Fury Road, The Grand Budapest Hotel, Prisoners, and Wreck-It Ralph. All of those movies made me leave the theater saying holy shit...

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Stingy
      I watch movies regularly. I still enjoy going to the movie theater, and I'll watch movies on my own at home and I also regularly watch a movie with a friend online on Fridays. This month in new releases I've seen The Super Mario Movie.
      How was it? Is it as good as everyone's saying? Me and my mom love Mario, but we didn't get to see it in Australian cinemas because 3 seats cost 76 dollars for a normal experience, and estimated 140 dollars for a gold one. Just ONE thing I wanted to do for the Easter holidays. Oh well. Only in Australia.

The only news I've been getting is everyone whining about 'peaches peaches peaches' and Jack Black RELEASING 'peaches peaches peaches peaches peaches'.

Comment

• possessor
        I like LazyTown.
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 30 - Stepher
        • Oct 2021

I felt like I'd say something in this thread because it's all about movies - I wanna share my opinion about The Spongebob Squarepants Movie 2: Sponge Out of Water [also known as The Spongebob Squarepants Movie: Sponge out of Water, but as I like calling it, Spongebob Squarepants The Movie 2: Sponge Out of Water].

I got the 2005 [2004 in USA] movie on DVD after watching it on Netflix and LOVING IT! [also because i had to go to the salon and it was almost closed and i had pressure and one of the DVD discs i wanted was out of stock]. I immediatly watched Spongebob Squarepants The Movie 3: Sponge on The Run on Netflix after that and it definetly was NOT as good. Of course, most scenes were heartwarming but it felt childish. Also, the actual fu- I mean sponge did they get John Wick in this film? From MA15+ to PG?

Anyways, Netflix Australia finally released the second SBSP movie on their platform and I'd just like to say my opinions.

BUSSIN.

The movie was good. It had Antonio Banderas, 3D animation, a rap battle and Plankton got on a tee-am. Plankton became good, then was a major moron in the main show's next episode. I like how this was just like Spongebob Squarepants The Movie but it had some other major differences. In the first movie, Spongebob and Patrick set out to find King Neptune's crown and thaw an icy Krabs while also trying to become mature enough to classify as 'men'. Because of this, Plankton can now steal the Krabby Patty formula and become rich and famous [and turn Bikini Bottom in a hellhole]. But in the second movie, Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward, Sandy, Plankton and Mr Krabs set out to find the Krabby Patty secret formula to turn Bikini Bottom back. While doing this Spongebob tries to get Plankton to understand the art of being in a team. Oh and yeah, 30% of the movie is in 3D.

So what can I say? The movie was amazing, and more proof sequels beat the original movie. And then we got the third movie [wtf was THAT?!]

Comment

• StingX
          ROTTEN MEMBER
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by possessor of mine
          How was it?
          I have opinions but they don't matter in this case. I hope you enjoy it when you see it :)

Comment

• StingX
            ROTTEN MEMBER
            • Mar 2009

I saw Guardians of the Galaxy 3 today. I wasn't into the MCU until I saw Wandavision in 2021 which caught my attention and I loved so much that it convinced me to watch the 20 something movies that came before, so now I'm one of those people :p

Critics are giving it mixed-positive reviews, but for me, the movie was nearly perfect an I'm very tempted to give it a 10/10!

Comment

• boredjedi
              Master
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Jun 2007

Pretty much what I've been hearing. From an 8-10 on a scale of 10. From audience reviews.
              I never pay attention to the "professional critics". And never have going as far back as I can
              remember.

The only movie I watch from the MCU is the GOTG. That first one was just great. Loved it. The rest of
              the MCU for me meh. Never got into the others. When was that 2014-15ish.
              They also did it in 3D thank god. So I'll have my 3 GOTG 3D Blu Ray collection complete.
              I don't go to theaters anymore since setting up my Home theater.
              Though my nephew did drag me out to the first two Disney Star Wars.
              It was more of a tradition so I caved. I warned him.

And thanks for your take on the movie.

GOTG should have remained its own separate thing and never connected to the overall arc
              of the MCU. It's been contaminated with that idiotic multiverse garbage starting
              with Infinity war.
              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• boredjedi
                Master
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Jun 2007

Just in time for summer. Love the music choice.

Comment

• possessor
                  I like LazyTown.
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 30 - Stepher
                  • Oct 2021

Originally posted by boredjedi
                  Just in time for summer. Love the music choice.

That's nice. But you forgot about the classics. [video=youtube;CnzjbsyY4lY]

Comment

• possessor
                    I like LazyTown.
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 30 - Stepher
                    • Oct 2021

Originally posted by Stingy
                    Critics are giving it mixed-positive reviews
                    you have NEVER watched the nostalgia critic.

Comment

• chuft
                      Stepher
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 30 - Stepher
                      • Dec 2007

Looking forward to what Henry Cavill and Amazon do with their 40K license. Hopefully something as good as this fan effort:

Astartes Project - this is worth watching full screen.

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• StingX
                        ROTTEN MEMBER
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by possessor of mine
                        you have NEVER watched the nostalgia critic.
                        Oh I have. I know who he is pretty well; That Guy With The Glasses has been on the internet for a looooooong time. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and his and mine don't meet too often, but sometimes he makes funny enough videos.

Comment

• boredjedi
                          Master
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Jun 2007

Originally posted by chuft
                          Looking forward to what Henry Cavill and Amazon do with their 40K license. Hopefully something as good as this fan effort:

Astartes Project - this is worth watching full screen.
                          Hell yeah! But I'm won't let myself get too excited. Hopefully, Cavill can fight off as much studio/bean counting execs who have not an atom of creative talent.
                          That was the first thing Cavill announced when he got fed up with how the Witcher I mean Ciri/Yennifer show was being handled and left.

Comment

• chuft
                            Stepher
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 30 - Stepher
                            • Dec 2007

Cavill is a big 40K minis player.

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• boredjedi
                              Master
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Jun 2007

Originally posted by chuft
                              Cavill is a big 40K minis player.
                              I know all too well. He's one of us. Loves to build his own computers,
                              loves sci-fi, fantasy etc... Hates it when they corrupt the lore of IPs.
                              What gives me an inkling of hope he will do 40k justice.

As a side, I didn't realize Marvel released these GOTG montages a few days ago.
                              And this pretty much sums up why I love GOTG more than anything
                              from the MCU. Anything in a long for that matter.

Comment

• StingX
                                ROTTEN MEMBER
                                • Mar 2009

Nice, I just watched the one for Nebula, she's one of my favorites throughout all the movies. I've never gotten into the comics and that's just not my speed but I'll continue to consoom the movies like a good little robot.

You mentioned you didn't like Infinity War BJ. I liked it and I think that and Endgame are both very strong, but that's not the point. Different strokes. The point is is that Marvel has a fundamental issue that they're creating for themselves that I don't know how they solve, which is that their back catalog of required watching is becoming only more and more burdensome. Guardians 3 is a great example of the problem in action, since to appreciate it fully you would not have only needed to see the first 2, but Infinity War and Endgame are both entangled in their storylines, but of course you can't just watch those in a vacuum because you really have to watch 18 other movies first, some of which are weak, and nobody is going to like all of them; there are going to be stinkers. The barrier for entry is so high and only growing, yet the interconnectivity of these stories is what makes them better than the sum of their parts. I don't know what their endgame (pun sort of intended) is. I guess to just keep the cash cow fed until it stops giving.

Comment

Working...