This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rest in Peace, Stefan Karl

Unnur Eggertsdóttir‎‏, who played the Icelandic Stephanie since 2010 until a few years ago, shared this post about Stefan in Icelandic:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled dfgdf.png
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	150310

- - - Updated - - -

And Dyri as well:
    "Elsku Stefan Karl,

Alltaf tekst þér að stela sviðinu. Í þetta sinn með dramatískum hætti eins og þér einum er lagið.

Þegar ég fyrst labbaði inn í Latabæ 2006 þekkti ég engan í stúdíóinu og væntingarnar til þess sem ég átti að gera voru óraunhæfar og erfitt að segja nei þegar fullt stúdíó af hæfu fólki á launum beið eftir hoppum og stökkum frá manni.

Þú kenndir mér að skemmta, vera stór á sviðinu og standa fastur á mínu.

Þú varst hreinskilinn og umhyggjusamur.

Það var á sama tíma svakalega gaman og hræðilega stressandi að vera með þér á sviði. Við áttum að fara eftir þaulskipulögðu handriti en það mátti bóka að þú mundir alltaf setja þinn snúning á skemmtunina og trufla mann með fíflagangi. Þvílíka sparkið af adrenalíni sem það var alltaf. Mikið var ég stoltur af sjálfum mér þegar mér tókst að láta þig springa úr hlátri á fjölum Þjóðleikhússins í síðustu Latarbæjarsýningu þinni 2014.

Takk fyrir öll samtölin og ráðin sem þú hefur gefið mér í gegnum tíðina.

Sviðið er núna þitt þarna uppi. ❤️

Mínar dýpstu samúðarkveðjur til Steinu og krakkanna"

Click image for larger version

Name:	39835105_10112405687913910_1744448237680459776_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	150311

Comment

I ran Dyri's post through Google Translate

"Elsku Stefan Karl,
      You always manage to steal the stage. This time dramatically like you alone is the song.
      When I first went to Latabæ in 2006, I did not know anyone in the studio and the expectations for what I was supposed to do were unrealistic and hard to say no when a full studio of qualified people on salary waited for jumps and jumps from a man.
      You taught me to entertain, be big on the stage and get stuck on my face.
      You were upright and caring.
      At the same time it was gorgeous fun and terribly stressful to be with you in the field. We had to go for a manual script, but it was possible to make sure that you always put your turn on the entertainment and disturb a person with a freaky smile. Such a kick of adrenaline as it always was. I was very proud of myself when I was able to let you burst out of laughter at the numerous National Theater in your last Latvian show 2014.
      Thank you for all the conversations and advice you've given me over the years.
      The area is now yours up there. ❤️
      My deepest compassion to Steina and the kids"

I never had the nerve to add Unnur as a friend, so if anyone wants to cut and paste the text of her post here, I'll run it through Google translate, as I'd love to know what she said.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
        I never had the nerve to add Unnur as a friend, so if anyone wants to cut and paste the text of her post here, I'll run it through Google translate, as I'd love to know what she said.
        I would also love to know what she said, if anyone knows

Comment

So empty and silent feelings I have right now. The first time I started watching the show I saw him not being as a villain or lazy but funny and goofy character he played.
          I found out about his death on instagram but then I said to myself "Oh, the time has come". At second I couldn't realize that we all lost the most incredible actor of a kids show that he is not with us anymore.
          Unfortunately, the only thing we all can do right now is to say GOODBYE and RIP. We're all with you FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by Unnur Eggertsdóttir
            Þessi mynd poppaði upp í dag, tekin fyrir akkrúat 5 árum. Þad var ótrúlega mikill heiður að fá að vinna með Stebba of þvílíkt sem ég lærði af honum. Eitt af því sem við ræddum oft um var hvort ég ætlaði ekki örugglega að þora að flytja úu, en Stebbi sagði þessi orð sem ég man ennþá svo skýrt: ,,Eina vitið er að drulla þér til Ameríku stelpa, þar er fjörið. Ég lofa að þú munt ekki sjá eftir því.''
            Stebbi var engum öðrum likur. Að leika með honum á sviði var eina of að fara í masterclass í spuna. Hann hélt manni stanslaust á tánum og það reyndi á hvern einasta vöðva að halda inn í sér hlátrinum þegar hann gaf manni eitthvað ákveðið augnaráð eða prumpuhljóð.
            Enn þann dag í dag hitti ég fólk í LA sem spyr hvort ég þekki hinn íslenska Grinch, þvi þau höfðu séd hann hér í Pantages leikhúsinu fyrir mörgun árum og eru enn hlæjandi að honum.
            Í hefur misst einn dýrmætasta skemmtikraft landsins. Ég er óendanlega þakklát fyrir að hafa kynnst Stebba oh lært frá þessum stórkostlegum meistara. Mínar innilegustu samúðarkveðjur til fjölskyuldu og vina. Elsju Stebbi, hvíldu í fríði og hlátri.
            Originally posted by Unnur Eggertsdóttir
            This picture popped up today, taken a long 5 years ago. It was an incredibly great honor to work with Stefán because of what I learned from him. One of the things we often talked about was whether or not I should move away, but Stefán said these words that I still remember so clearly: “The only thing to do is to **** off to America, girl, that's where the party’s at. I promise, you will not regret it.”
            Stefán was like no one else. To act with him on stage was like a masterclass in improv. He kept everyone on their toes and it took every muscle to hold in our laughter when he gave someone a certain look or made a fart sound.
            To this day, I meet people in LA who ask if I know the Icelandic Grinch, because they had seen him here at the Pantages Theatre for many years and are still laughing at his act.
            We have lost one of the greatest entertainers in the country. I'm infinitely grateful for having known Stefán and for learning from this amazing master. My most sincere thoughts go out to his family and friends. Beloved Stefán, rest in peace and keep laughing.
            Here is Unnur's message about Stefán.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              Here is Unnur's message about Stefán.
              Thank you.
              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

This took me a while but I made a tribute to Stefan Karl

Comment

Thank you for making a tribute, it was really sweet.

Comment

Not much I can add than what's already been said. RIP Stefan. I keep wishing for 2007 again.

Time
                    Take us back in time
                    Why can`t we rewind and take us back to where we use to be

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Stefan will be missed.

Comment

Re: RIP

I got into LazyTown after Stefan's death, and everything I've read about, watched, and heard fills me with bittersweet joy. I'm so happy seeing how he touched so many lives and brought smiles to so many faces, but I'm also sad that I only learned what a wonderful man he was posthumously. He brought so much charisma and fun to every character he played and breathed life into LazyTown as a whole. When I think of his roles I'll smile at the good memories he left and hang onto new experiences and happiness as I watch the show and try to live by his example :)

Comment

I got into LazyTown after Stefan's death, and everything I've read about, watched, and heard fills me with bittersweet joy. I'm so happy seeing how he touched so many lives and brought smiles to so many faces, but I'm also sad that I only learned what a wonderful man he was posthumously. He brought so much charisma and fun to every character he played and breathed life into LazyTown as a whole. When I think of his roles I'll smile at the good memories he left and hang onto new experiences and happiness as I watch the show and try to live by his example. :)

Thank you, Stefan, and may you rest in peace!

Comment

I'm really late to the party, but RIP Stefán. Robbie was always my favorite character, and Stefán really nailed the role.

Comment

oh on

Stefan karl

Comment

i know i'm late and this is still the saddest thing ever 5 years ago
                                i didn't care about actors dying until robbie rotten.. he made my childhood my childhood. if i had to watch the grinch again i'd watch his version. that man was a bigger legend then bruce lee and john candy COMBINED. stefan i know you probs watching over me rn so here goes
                                i don't want to die but i also can't wait to meet you
                                MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                                X