• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lazytown in trouble...

I think we are all worrying too much

Comment

...If Maggi had not invested so much money in technical useless rubbish (HD), maybe he could already collect yield today....Unfortunately, he is an ambitious dreamer without any understanding for business management I think..
      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz
        ...If Maggi had not invested so much money in technical useless rubbish (HD), maybe he could already collect yield today....Unfortunately, he is an ambitious dreamer without any understanding for business management I think..
        That was partly DUTCH technology, my friend, the best of the best. I we weren't there maybe LazyTown would have never been a succes. Respect.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
          That was partly DUTCH technology, my friend, the best of the best. I we weren't there maybe LazyTown would have never been a succes. Respect.
          ...AVID Technology Inc. is an global player and did you ever seen an LT episode aired in HD or will we ever seen LT on Blue Ray?...I don't think so...LT in HD is an misinvestment...
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz

...AVID Technology Inc. is an global player and did you ever seen an LT episode aired in HD or will we ever seen LT on Blue Ray?...I don't think so...LT in HD is an misinvestment...
            Better prepared for the future, I know that this blu-ray will come, and I think that LT was aired in HD on the BBC, right?
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
              Better prepared for the future, I know that this blu-ray will come, and I think that LT was aired in HD on the BBC, right?
              Actually LT Extra is airing on BBC HD, I see their programs list and they just show LT Extra.

Comment

Oh... well, we will know news soon, so don´t worry guys, btw, someone know if the newspaper has published a video?

Comment

http://www.licensing.biz/news/4394/L...ncial-position

Monday, 7th December 2009 at 12:41 pm
                  LazyTown clarifies financial position
                  by Samantha Loveday

Firm sets record straight after Sun story, saying agreement reached in principle with bond holders.

LazyTown has moved to set the record straight following stories in The Sun and an Icelandic business weekly at the weekend saying that it was facing 'financial meltdown'.

LazyTown has said that it has already reached an agreement in principle with the bond holders and all details should be resolved before year-end.

The Sun's story stated that the Icelandic bosses of LazyTown owed £15 million - following the collapse of the Icelandic banks - and bond holders were taking legal action to retrieve the sum.

However, LazyTown's statement said: "The LazyTown brand is strong and is generating income that fully covers the daily operations of the business today. LazyTown reaches 500 million homes in 128 countries and research shows that it is well known among children the world over.

"We have a lot of positive news in the LazyTown business. The income is generated from over 7,000 skus. Our structure has been simplified and operational results are improving contrary to what is happening in the industry in general during this economic downturn."
                  LazyTown looks to be fine. Jeez didn't realize they had reached 7000 sku's (items for sale)!! Thought it was only around 2k. That's an impressive number for a TV show that's been on for only five years now and that's basically been shelved in the biggest TV/consumer market in the world for the last 2+ years.

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

This was posted on ruv.is yesterday, and I roughly translated it with a bit of help from a Mr. G. Oogle:

It seems that Lazytown is having problems. British media reported today that the debt is so much that they are preparing to go to lenders.

Lazytown's TV rights are actually doing well and the show is now shown in a hundred countries, but the parent company is uncertain about the future of the show. Lazytown owe only 15 million, or over three billion kronur. Daily Telegraph has reported that Magnus Scheving, the CEO of Lazytown Entertainment, has been in talks with lenders. They have made peace on the credit extension and they will be paid up in the coming years.

I think the British press owe Magnus a BIG apology!

Comment

Working...
                      X