No ad blockers allowed on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No ad blockers allowed on YouTube

From what I am seeing on Reddit it looks like the days of free youtube are ending. I haven't run into the "no ad blockers allowed" yet but it seems just a matter of time.

https://www.reddit.com/r/youtube/

What people are seeing:

Click image for larger version

Name:	xl60y3zad9ub1.png
Views:	210
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	191779

Name:	3npmmzxl83ub1.png
Views:	183
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	191780

Name:	q64tzdgph6ub1.png
Views:	179
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	191781
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

chuft Yeah, I heard about it during the week. We'll see. It's bad enough they took away the home page list of videos a month or two ago.

"Your watch history is off
    You can change your setting at any time to get the latest videos tailored to you."

Feck off youtube. Nobody's business what I'm watching or watched.

They are also trying to make themselves Tik Tok with those damn shorts. And Discord with live chats with a damn hearts animation floating into
    the chat.​ Very annoying.
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I don't have an account. What do you mean about a home page list of videos and a watch history?

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
        I don't have an account. What do you mean about a home page list of videos and a watch history?
        When you log into your account, you start off on your home section. That used to be filled with all sorts of recommended videos that
        are of interest such as lots of new or old music etc. Now it's just this crap

Click image for larger version  Name:	YTHomepage.png Views:	0 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	191791

Comment

So why don't you turn it back on? I don't understand. Aren't the recommended videos based on your history?

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
            chuft Yeah, I heard about it during the week. We'll see. It's bad enough they took away the home page list of videos a month or two ago.

You can change your setting at any time to get the latest videos tailored to you."

They are also trying to make themselves Tik Tok with those damn shorts. And Discord with live chats with a damn hearts animation floating into
            the chat.​ Very annoying.
            Use CustomTube, it brings back any layout from 2008-2021. I use the 2008 and 2012 layouts.
            Anyways, I haven't got that message yet. YouTube's about to die folks.
            But just make an blocker for the adblocker blocker
            MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

So why don't you turn it back on? I don't understand. Aren't the recommended videos based on your history?
              On your subscriptions as well.
              I see why you don't have YouTube. Google ruined the damn website: in looks, and features.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about it during the week. We'll see. It's bad enough they took away the home page list of videos a month or two ago.

An easy fix I found out is to turn watch history on, watch one or two videos, and then turn watch history off, and then you get back the home page.

Comment

It's the principle of it. Question is why did they have to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post
                    Use CustomTube, it brings back any layout from 2008-2021. I use the 2008 and 2012 layouts.
                    Anyways, I haven't got that message yet. YouTube's about to die folks.
                    But just make an blocker for the adblocker blocker
                    CustomTube cool thanks I read the reviews. There are some issues with it
                    like when you go full screen. Worth a checkout.

Comment

Originally posted by GlanniMan View Post

An easy fix I found out is to turn watch history on, watch one or two videos, and then turn watch history off, and then you get back the home page.
                      Yeah that's a workaround. Just more buttons to have to remember to click on and off.

Comment

CustomTube cool thanks I read the reviews. There are some issues with it
                        like when you go full screen. Worth a checkout.
                        Report that on the Github page or to u/lightbeam24 on Reddit
                        I use the 2008 layout on Chrome and the 2012 layout on Firefox

Comment

Funny enough I was thinking "what you are listening to" was getting rather derailed.
                          I should have spun it off. Thanks pooks.

Comment

I have no problems...

Name:	ytpremium.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	8.2 KB
ID:	191810

costs me 12 bucks a month
                            Gallery

Comment

Well this is new.

Click image for larger version  Name:	YT-Warning.png Views:	0 Size:	29.9 KB ID:	191815

Youtube is definitely working feverishly updating their bs

I had just left an off color joke comment. It was on a You Laugh You Lose video
                              the punishment for losing is you have to listen to Taylor Swift for the week.
                              My comment was "I'd rather be guillotined. It's faster, swifter and less painful" 😁

Must of been the guillotined. What an effed up world we are in.

What's worse there was another option there before I took the screen shot.
                              I was given a chance to dispute that bs and I clicked it and it took me to a
                              dispute screen where I had to screen cap the comment. The problem is,
                              youtube had already deleted the comment. 🙄

Comment

Working...
                              X