No announcement yet.

No ad blockers allowed on YouTube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like they are using an AI based system to censor people in real time.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
      Sounds like they are using an AI based system to censor people in real time.
      Pretty much. They've been using that AI for a long time now. You'd think they'd have it down pat by now.
      I did send my dispute via the feedback feature anyway. I also hit them up X/Twitter to Teamyoutube.
      Got a response like 5 minutes later. I think it's AI too hard to tell sometimes. I know the first response was an AI
      auto generated response.

posting large volumes of comments in a short amount of time, repeatedly posting the same comment, sharing links, or excessively using emoji or unusual characters can be detected as spam & removed for violating YouTube’s Community Guidelines:
      I was like huh? I had posted two comments early in the morning to different videos. The Rammstein comment was in the afteroon.
      So I took another screen shot this time of my comment history and replied with that along with more info. I told 'em I don't mind
      waiting the 24 hours but that their shit is broken. This was the response

appreciate the screenshot. if you haven't yet, you can send feedback about your experience here: (link) this will help us fix issues & make improvements​
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

I wonder if premium users get the same crappy service.

Comment

I wonder if premium users get the same crappy service.
          I haven't heard any complaints from them.

Forgot to mention the other AI part that is seriously broke is the DMCA/Copyright feature.
          Everyone (non premium) complains about that. The stupid AI still hasn't learned Fair use.
          That's the majority of complaints I hear.

Comment

Oh I forgot to mention I was looking up the smart TVs model # the other night and you know
            after all this time I didn't know there's an app you can install on the phone and that
            becomes the remote. It's still listed on Amazon and the model hasn't been phased out yet.

TCL 55S405
            "Powerful Mobile App
            Transform your smartphone or tablet into a full-function Roku remote with voice control, the ability to browse and add new channels, even listen to TV audio on headphones connected to your mobile device."

Comment

Now you can get higher quality music that YouTube videos via YouTube Music - but that is another service, not what you get for $14 a month from YouTube Premium.
              I was wrong about this. I bumped into yet another person at work who has YouTube Premium (seems like almost everyone does, I work with a bunch of streaming addicts who all have like 5 subscription services) and in the course of a conversation with several people finally got to what I think is the bottom of it.

There used to be three distinct services - YouTube Red (no ads videos), Google Music, and YouTube TV (live TV channels, like Sling or Hulu). Then YouTube Red merged with Google Music to become YouTube Premium, which is no-ads videos on YouTube PLUS the old Google Music music service which, like the other good ones, lets you play any song you want in their library (not some themed list where they pick for you, like Pandora) and you can stream it or download it (temporarily anyway) for play offline. The music uses an app for your phone/computer and you can make playlists etc in addition to downloading songs for a period of time. You may be able to keep the songs on there for as long as you subscribe but if you unsub or don't log in for 30 days or something, they evaporate.

So YouTube Premium is not as terrible a deal as I thought, since it includes the old Google Music service.

Comment

I will note that even if you get YouTube Premium it is not going to protect you from ads embedded in the video by the creator. Not just passive ones like that emblem for the painting service I showed above - some of them are outright ads by the content creator. I was watching a video someone linked in another forum on the IDF and at some point it turned into an ad by the guy who made the video. So you may pay for no ads, but the content creators can put them directly in the videos anyway. Which is kind of obnoxious. Imagine paying for Netflix and going to watch a movie and in the middle of the movie, the moviemakers put an ad.

Comment

chuft Oh that's good to know that you will still get those ads from the content creators and the companies who sponsor them.

Comment

Did you see my post about how Premium also includes the Music service? That's a pretty big mistaken impression that I had.

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post

Click image for larger version Name:	Craptube.png Views:	0 Size:	24.8 KB ID:	191915
                      You get 23 hours...I get 24
                      it's annoying because they never tell me what I said and half the time it's something only a snowflake wouldn't like
                      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

I will note that even if you get YouTube Premium it is not going to protect you from ads embedded in the video by the creator. Not just passive ones like that emblem for the painting service I showed above - some of them are outright ads by the content creator. I was watching a video someone linked in another forum on the IDF and at some point it turned into an ad by the guy who made the video. So you may pay for no ads, but the content creators can put them directly in the videos anyway. Which is kind of obnoxious. Imagine paying for Netflix and going to watch a movie and in the middle of the movie, the moviemakers put an ad.
                        I'm pretty sure there's an extension that blocks sponsorships for Firefox
                        "SponsorBlock" I think is the name. Users sumbit the sponsors in videos and the team will delete them .
                        also I'm pretty sure movies have done that, like with product placement. Home Sweet Home Alone and The Smurf Movie 1 or 2

Comment

I was wrong about this. I bumped into yet another person at work who has YouTube Premium (seems like almost everyone does, I work with a bunch of streaming addicts who all have like 5 subscription services)
                          Weirdos, can't they just burn some $5 dollar DVDs or download from Dailymotion or the Internet Archive ?

Comment

Clearly some people watch a lot more TV than I do. Which is a pretty low bar because I often go months without turning on the TV.

I guess I should say "video" and not "TV" because some of them watch it on their phones or tablets.

Comment

Originally posted by possessor View Post

Weirdos, can't they just burn some $5 dollar DVDs or download from Dailymotion or the Internet Archive ?
                              They definitely can, but I think it's a matter of effort and knowledge. It's easier to just throw money at youtube than try to burn or download

I'm a bit old school myself. I love buying and owning cds/dvds. It's just nice having a physical copy that belongs to you, specifically.

Comment

Originally posted by Fairy-Possum View Post

They definitely can, but I think it's a matter of effort and knowledge. It's easier to just throw money at youtube than try to burn or download

I'm a bit old school myself. I love buying and owning cds/dvds. It's just nice having a physical copy that belongs to you, specifically.
                                Me too.. everyone thinks I'm weird. Don't they?
                                it's not my fault they still make blurays and stuffs.
                                my computer is a windows 11 home modded to look like 98
                                My Firefox looks like I.E.7 and my Google search engine looks like 2002 Google

Comment

Working...
                                X