X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post

Wow. That is actually sad.

The same thing happened to me. I lost a lot of videos. Used my dad's Windows 7 laptop. One day it just kept on showing me the B.S.O.D and i didn't know the solution to fix it.
    i miss that computer.
    I know this is a music video thread but I'll derail it for a bit of tech talk. The biggest culprit to old electronics failure (or even new electronics)
    is usually either bad capacitors or capacitors well past their use by date. All caps, even the really good Japanese solid caps, have a
    lifespan of about 15 years maybe up to 20 if you are lucky. Worse, if they are cheap Chinese ones. When I buy my parts, I try to make sure
    the caps are the good Japanese solid caps rather than the cheaper more failure prone electrolytic capacitor. My computer did
    reach the 13 year old mark and I put a lot hours on it so it was inevitable.

That's usually the first issue to start troubleshooting from. Then work your way down the electronic parts list.

I probably could have done that with my old rig but it was rather showing its age with the more modern games.

To make up for this non music derailment

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• ..and we're back on-topic.
      Here's the shortened Season 3-4 mix of Welcome to LazyTown without sound effects or dialogue.
      Ripped from "Here we Go" AUS CD (actually Spotify, but they ripped it from the CD.) Welcome to LazyTown.mp3
      MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

• There will be a power outage in an estimated ten minutes. I'm listening to the first LazyTown album released in the UK before the dark day..

Comment

• See ya in 9 hours!

Comment

• Power outage? What?

By the way, "DJ Ted Stevens" is a joke, Ted Stevens was a US Senator. The lines in that video are actual statements he made as a Senator.
            l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• Originally posted by chuft View Post
              Power outage? What?
              the builders in my city are building the most useless and unasked for pathways

Comment

• l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

• http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• Man I haven't heard that song since the original on the radio back in the day.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by chuft View Post
                        Man I haven't heard that song since the original on the radio back in the day.
                        I was going to post the original too for those around here that wouldn't know.
                        I'll fix that now. Brings back memories of the beach. It's one of the songs
                        that would be played a lot on radio during the summer back when it was released.
                        Every radio on the beach would usually be tuned to same station and all were playing
                        the same thing.

The Smith's London. I wasn't ready for that intro squeal. My volume was up.
                        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• I can only imagine the songs we would have had if the Smiths had not broken up so soon. Johnny Marr was only 19 when the first Smiths single was released. An amazing songwriting pair. I have always wondered how some people have such skill, talent and self-confidence that early in life. I am really curious what else Marr has written over the decades since I know he stayed active. I wonder if any of it was Smiths-like.

Then again if the Smiths had stayed together we would not have some great Morrissey songs he wrote with other people like Last of the Famous International Playboys, Suedehead, and Every Day Is Like Sunday, which he co-wrote with Stephen Street. Might as well link some that I haven't already. I think there is a lot of Smiths and Morrissey music out there that I should explore.

Comment

• By the way the Primitives, my favorite band, became relatively famous in the UK because Morrissey was seen wearing a Primitives T-shirt at some Smiths event or other. Like The Smiths, the Primitives were into 1960's style jangly guitars.

When the Primitives got back together and started recording again in 2012 I was in heaven.

Comment

Comment

• Woah. Chuft's on a music video spree.
                                Anyways..
                                https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...f&opi=89978449

Comment

Working...
                                X