No announcement yet.

the movie thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I watched the other shorts as well. I just linked those to get yas started. I

I mean Infinity and End game were okay. Battles were good. it's just that when they introduced
    that multiverse timey wimey stuff, that's just lazy and gets very convoluted real fast. And events
    that happen to characters end up having no permanent results and consequences when you can pluck
    another one from one of the many other Multiverses. I'm pretty sure their end game is Phase 4 also known as the
    M-She-U. It's the end. It's gotten ridiculous.

As I stated, wasn't into any of the MCU movies until GOTG hit the screen.
    And still is the only one I rewatch. It's even more epic in 3D.

I would have loved to get the GOTG video game but for some odd reason
    they used the comic book characters when the majority of the public only
    knew the movie counterparts. Including myself. I did look at the comic books
    after I saw the first one. But I'm guessing doing things on the cheap because
    they wouldn't have to pay the actors for the license of their likeness.

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Comment

nice.. this thread's 3 pages long. i made something successful.
        MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Speaking of AI

Comment

We're watching Avatar (1) right now so we can watch Avatar 2 this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	avasteph.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	189646

Not much else you can do on a day like this

Name:	95.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	189647

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

I've never seen Avatar although I remember seeing pieces of it, probably a trailer, and it looked like Tarzan in an alien suite. I'm not a real fan of science fiction, and none of my friends were encouraging me to see the movie so that's probably the reason I haven't seen it. I always wonder how they do the tricks and stunts and that takes away my focus on the story line ๐Ÿ˜Š. Perhaps I can try to watch it some day.
              Magnรบs: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post

Name:	avasteph.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	421.4 KB
ID:	189646

Not much else you can do on a day like this

Name:	95.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	189647

Just get it on DVD the prices are ridiculous in a good way

Comment

beware of post avatar depression ๐Ÿ˜ซ

https://movieweb.com/post-avatar-dep...ndora-sadness/

Gallery

Comment

How was it?

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                      I always wonder how they do the tricks and stunts and that takes away my focus on the story line ๐Ÿ˜Š.
                      Exactly what happened with me and Police Stories 1-2. The plot is simple, though.

Name:	image.png
Views:	152
Size:	290.0 KB
ID:	189822
                      โ€‹Just scenes like this gets me going and forgetting the darn plot โ€‹
                      โ€‹

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post

How was it?
                        I had seen it before but she hadn't. It's visually spectacular, although I recognize a lot of the life forms in the alien forest are taken from undersea life because I used to keep a coral reef tank. A lot of the organisms I had are right in the movie as giant land version, like zoanthids. Bioluminescence when touched is also a hallmark of certain sea life. So I could kind of "see behind the curtain" more than most people. Corals glow like that when exposed to ultraviolet light so to me the whole planet kind of looked like a giant coral reef.

If you look at some pictures of coral reef tanks under actinic lights, it becomes clear what inspired the look of Pandora. Nature did it first.

Also the word "unobtanium" which is a writing term like "MacGuffin" was actually used in the movie. That was kind of silly. "Unobtanium" is what engineers call something valuable that is virtually impossible to get. It's not supposed to be used as an actual name for something, that's just silly. It's like naming a character "Mr. Minor Villain" or "Ms. Love Interest."

Looked cool though. She hasn't had time to watch Avatar 2 with me yet, which was kind of the whole point of watching Avatar 1 (Avatar 2 is currently streaming on Max, the channel formerly known as HBO Max) and I want to watch it before it's gone.

Comment

Like I said earlier, you can get the movie on DVD. Where I am the movie is just less then 10 AUS dollars

Comment

I'm already paying for the streaming service, so I might as well watch it for free while it is on the service.

Comment

Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by possessor of mine View Post
                                Exactly what happened with me and Police Stories 1-2. The plot is simple, though.
                                โ€‹
                                Unfortunately I haven't watched Supercop, Supercop 2, First Strike, Lockdown or New Police Story 2. (The last one isn't out, but I am excitedly, nervously, happily waiting for it to come out as an MP4 on the Internet Archive. Same with Supercop, but maybe not Supercop 2 because it's missing Jackie Chan๐Ÿ˜” )

Comment

Working...
                                X