• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PrivateBrain
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    • Dec 2011

Re: Crazy Dreams

In a few strange dreams, I basically relived the awkward situation of going to Barnes & Noble and then inadvertently meeting a friend of mine, who was with a girl who I had a high school crush on and wants the both of us to move on -- not because of anything that I did, but simply because we've graduated from high school.

See, I had always thought this one girl in high school named Cara seemed very attractive, but I was very shy around her. On the very last day, where there was a senior breakfast, I finally made myself casually talk with her, and it was a lot easier than I'd previously thought. Through her, I met Patrick, who has become a very good friend of mine.

Later, I tried keeping in touch with her on Facebook, but she said that she wants us to move on. At first, I was afraid that it was because of something that I did, but then I learned that it's just because we've graduated from high school.

Fortunately, with experience, I've now grown much more confident around girls. I'm not shy around them at all, and my recruiter said he was impressed when I chatted with a female recruit when we were being driven to the MEPS to take the ASVAB.

Occasionally, I wonder:

Why do I like girls so much?

Why do I want a relationship with one so much?

Why is it seemingly difficult to maintain a relationship with a girl?

Comment

• Master Of Disguise
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 16 - Sportaposter
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Lazycus
      Sorry, but you will die most certainly one day.
      Oh no :( can't this wait until 2012 ? Well guys, treat me well, these are my last days, I wanna become a mod
      Originally posted by PrivateBrain
      In a few strange dreams...from high school.
      This is not a dream but nice story though, I admire what you did :)
      Why do I like girls so much?

Why do I want a relationship with one so much?
      'cause you're a man
      Well...I guess that's just the life

Comment

• PrivateBrain
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Master Of Disguise
        This is not a dream.
        I had a few dreams wherein I relived real-life encounters.

I told that story because you'd have to know that to understand why these encounters in Barnes & Noble were awkward.

I admire what you did.
        Thanks. I don't always admire what I do, so I've decided to make a conscious effort at making better choices.

Well, I guess that's just life.
        Once, I met a really cute girl at community college, and we had a great chat together, so we decided to keep in touch on Facebook.

Later, I saw that she blocked me. I figured that either I'd done something unwise -- or the fact that she was sixteen had caught up with me.

Because I much prefer real-life socialization, I don't even have a Facebook account anymore. I wish that I'd never even had an account. In retrospect, it was just a big time-waster.

Comment

• Lazycus
          Master of Shoops
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 24 - The Blue Elf
          • Nov 2007

...Later, I saw that she blocked me. I figured that either I'd done something unwise -- or the fact that she was sixteen had caught up with me...
          Could have been a change of the moon or the weather as well. One gets used to that sooner or later.

Comment

• LazyTownWW
            Moralist
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 28 - Friend For Life
            • Jun 2009

Re: Story time!!!! Post what you did today!

[quote=Glanni's Girl]
            Originally posted by Stingy
            Originally posted by "Master Of Disguise":bce08
            Do you guys believe that dearms could have an expelantion or a meaning ? or could dreams become true ? :?
            I believe that dreams are a manifestation of the subconscious and a mostly random amalgamation of memories and imagination.
            Me too[/quote:bce08]
            Well, I have been looking into this whole idea that dreams tell you the future for a while now...I have not come to any conclusions yet...

One type of dream that I have never had (as far as I can remember) is being an animal...I wonder how a dream like that would be...I heard some people have dreams like that.

Comment

• PrivateBrain
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 12 - Lazy Scout
              • Dec 2011

Occasionally, I've had experiences that reminded me of a dream that I had earlier that night.

It was as if a dream had foretold what would happen, although I'm not sure whether to actually believe so.

I think that these are self-fulfilling prophecies or something.

Comment

• PrivateBrain
                GETLAZY MEMBER
                Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                • Dec 2011

Because I blocked my friend Patrick in my email account, I feel better. That was a very counter-intuitive choice, but I simply had to.

I met him when I intended to form a relationship with his friend Cara. When I was able to form a relationship with him instead of her, I kept inadvertently feeling jealous of his relationship with her. It wasn't a romantic relationship, but it was a relationship nonetheless.

Cara wants me and her to move on now that we've graduated from high school. To do that, I had to let go of Patrick. Finally, it feels much easier for me to move on.

Comment

• Master Of Disguise
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 16 - Sportaposter
                  • Oct 2011

That was mean someway

Comment

• PrivateBrain
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                    • Dec 2011

That was mean someway.
                    I know.

My last-minute relationship-building inadvertently caused a bit of drama in my world, so I just had to end it.

Occasionally, you just have to solve problems by doing away with them entirely.

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
                      • Jan 2010

Occasionally, you just have to solve problems by doing away with them entirely.

I agree
                      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Jan 2010

My dreams are usually quite dark, probably because I've got my eyes closed..

Comment

• Master Of Disguise
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 16 - Sportaposter
                          • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                          My dreams are usually quite dark, probably because I've got my eyes closed..
                          Nice one hahah
                          So today I had a weird dream, kinda scary :s
                          I was stuck in a deep hole and I was like voiceless, I could hear my friends talking and laughing I was screaming asking them for help but I wasn't making a sound

Comment

• StingX
                            ROTTEN MEMBER
                            • Mar 2009

It began with polytheistic gods. There were 3 sets of 3 young gods, so 9 in total. Out of each set, one of the three was going to be chosen to heir the position of the god of their element. I was in the running as the lightning god, however I was a human. And even though it was me, I was viewing this in the third person in my dream. The other competitors all hated me. My dream morphed the next part as still being part of this using a logical transition but I dare not try to explain it using earth logic.

I was part of a crime fighting gang of sorts. There were only 3 of us and we used our car as our weapon. This part is a bit of a blur but there was a tussle, which we ended up winning. We were saving a woman, who in my dream was Natalie Portman, from some people. Unfortunately, from what she witnessed from the fight, she went insane. So I took her to a psychologist.

He recommended that she went through a special therapy. One where hallucinations were the therapy. I agreed to keep helping her. To begin her therapy, she needed to lose her mind. This was represented as running backwards through a forest to the psychologist, and was unable to look behind her. I was able to witness this, but couldn't interact at all. After that she was put in a very crummy mental hospital. I was still there with her. She now hallucinated that everything was much nicer. Space would all be the same, but it would just have different textures. For example, the hospital was still there as a structure, but instead looked like a mansion. I was able to voluntarily switch in and out of which reality I was able to see. We eventually made it downstairs where we were to be picked up by a limo (which was actually an ambulance) and the driver was Liam Neeson, however he was named Nathan Lane. However we did not get in it because Natalie was having too much fun in the hospital/mansion. We looked into one of the rooms and she greeted her psychologist. Confused as to why the psychologist would be in a cell, I switched to real reality and saw that he was a mental patient as well and that we were part of his own hallucination. Hallucinception.

By the way, I would like to point out that the reason that I dreamed about the god part was due to this comment I made on GetLazy: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2899&start=611
                            Which was a reference to the Disney movie Hercules. After I made that I went online and began to watch clips from the movie. That led me to watching clips from the Lion King, which was why the limo driver was named Nathan Lane. Natalie Portman was in my dream because I saw a gif of her earlier in the day.

Comment

• LazyTownWW
                              Moralist
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 28 - Friend For Life
                              • Jun 2009

It began with polytheistic gods. There were 3 sets of 3 young gods, so 9 in total. Out of each set, one of the three was going to be chosen to heir the position of the god of their element. I was in the running as the lightning god, however I was a human. And even though it was me, I was viewing this in the third person in my dream. The other competitors all hated me. My dream morphed the next part as still being part of this using a logical transition but I dare not try to explain it using earth logic.

I was part of a crime fighting gang of sorts. There were only 3 of us and we used our car as our weapon. This part is a bit of a blur but there was a tussle, which we ended up winning. We were saving a woman, who in my dream was Natalie Portman, from some people. Unfortunately, from what she witnessed from the fight, she went insane. So I took her to a psychologist.

He recommended that she went through a special therapy. One where hallucinations were the therapy. I agreed to keep helping her. To begin her therapy, she needed to lose her mind. This was represented as running backwards through a forest to the psychologist, and was unable to look behind her. I was able to witness this, but couldn't interact at all. After that she was put in a very crummy mental hospital. I was still there with her. She now hallucinated that everything was much nicer. Space would all be the same, but it would just have different textures. For example, the hospital was still there as a structure, but instead looked like a mansion. I was able to voluntarily switch in and out of which reality I was able to see. We eventually made it downstairs where we were to be picked up by a limo (which was actually an ambulance) and the driver was Liam Neeson, however he was named Nathan Lane. However we did not get in it because Natalie was having too much fun in the hospital/mansion. We looked into one of the rooms and she greeted her psychologist. Confused as to why the psychologist would be in a cell, I switched to real reality and saw that he was a mental patient as well and that we were part of his own hallucination. Hallucinception.

By the way, I would like to point out that the reason that I dreamed about the god part was due to this comment I made on GetLazy: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2899&start=611
                              Which was a reference to the Disney movie Hercules. After I made that I went online and began to watch clips from the movie. That led me to watching clips from the Lion King, which was why the limo driver was named Nathan Lane. Natalie Portman was in my dream because I saw a gif of her earlier in the day.
                              Cool dream
                              EDIT
                              I've been thinking. From what I can remember, I have never had a dream about deities...I only had this dream a few months ago about the Sermon on the Mount...that's it...I dreamed about church stuff, but never divinity.

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                • Jan 2010

It began with polytheistic gods..
                                When a story starts that way, how can you not read it

Comment

Working...