LazyTown info section

Collapse

lazytown

•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interview with Örn Árnason (The Lazy Genie)

An interview with Örn Árnason (The Lazy Genie)

December 5, 2005
    Words by Sveinn Birkir Björnsson

The most popular comedy program in the country, the comedy troupe behind the show Spaugstofan recently celebrated 20 years working together. Founding member, and former Grapevine cover boy, Örn Árnason sat down and explained the appeal of his program.

Örn Árnason
    Photographed by Gúndi

After 20 years in the business, is Spaugstofan still funny? Do you ever feel like it’s hard to stay...
    Go to post

• A Tapeless Workflow in Iceland

A Tapeless Workflow in Iceland

Written by Stephanie Argy
    American Cinematographer Vol. 86 Issue 9, p84. September 2005 When Icelandic athlete and entertainer Magnus Scheving set out to create the children’s series LazyTown, he knew he wanted the show to have a whimsical feel all its own. “I wanted people to say, ‘I’ve never seen this look before, what is this?’ I wanted to do something absolutely different, and I wanted to use live action with puppets and 3-D backgrounds.” Scheving gathered a team of artists and technicians from all over the world, and they devised an innovative tapeless workflow that not only combined all the elements Scheving wanted, but also did almost everything in real time on set. This brought production and post much closer together, something that the show’s director of photography, Tómas Örn Tómasson, found very exciting....
    Go to post

• Viper FilmStream Goes to Iceland’s LazyTown

Viper FilmStream Goes to Iceland’s LazyTown

DIGITAL Cinematography. March 2005

Thomson Grass Valley’s Viper Film- Stream digital cinematography camera is being used to shoot LazyTown, a children’s program that airs on Nickelodeon Jr. and CBS. Mark Read of production company Hypercube (Boulder, Colo.) and Magnús Scheving of LazyTown Studios (Reykjavík, Iceland) began collaborating in late 2003 to create a children’s show that would blend puppets, live action and CG backgrounds—and to devise an all-digital, data-centric workflow to make it happen.

Go to post

• LazyTown Lays Down Staying in Data From Viper to Color Grading

LazyTown Lays Down Staying in Data From Viper to Color Grading

Written by Debra Kaufman
    StudioDaily, December 1, 2004 It’s a long way between Boulder, Colorado, and Reykjavik, Iceland, but the distance is even greater between a traditional television workflow and a futuristic, data-centric all-digital pipeline. Mark and Dana Read have traversed both divides with LazyTown, a children’s TV program running on both Nick Jr. and CBS. LazyTown Entertainment joined forces with Mark Read s’ Hypercube, a Boulder company specializing in virtual environments...
    Go to post

• Julianna Rose Mauriello: "I'm feeling pretty fine"

Julianna Rose Mauriello: "I'm feeling pretty fine"

"I had never been to Europe before I came to Iceland", says Julianna Rose Mauriello who plays Stephanie in the TV series LazyTown on the TV station Nick Junior where it's currently shown. "It was snowing when I arrived in January but it was also snowing in NY where I live and the first thing I noticed when I arrived here was the language which sounded a ot difficult". Julianna spends most of the time on the set for LazyTown till the end of December. "Hanna Maja who's the make up artist is teaching...
    Go to post

• Top of the World

Top of the World

Written by Ken Pontac
    Iceland, July 14, 2004 Holy Christ! I’m in Iceland! The sun shines all the time here, and the hot water from the tap smells like a fart from a sourstomached old man who’s eaten too many pickled eggs. The signage is incomprehensible, people’s names are unpronounceable, and the money looks like panels from a comic book regaling tales of stern, bearded men wearing odd hats and holding ponderous tomes. ...
    Go to post

• A new health-concious TV trend takes kids from plump to pumped

A new health-concious TV trend takes kids from plump to pumped

Written by Simon Ashdown
    KidScreen June 2003 While children's fitness may just now be shaping up as the issue du jour in North America, Reykjavic, Iceland's LazyTown keyed into its importance 11 years ago. Founded by fitness guru and lecturer Magnus Scheving, the LazyTown concept launched in 1992 with a mandate to improve health of children. Since then, the multi-million dollar icelandic francise has grown to encompass books, board games, videos, CDs, a radio station, theatrical productions, and even...
    Go to post

• Latibær heading out into the world

Latibær heading out into the world

Written by Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir
    MBL - Fólk í fréttum 2002 Latibær has a new look and townspeople have got American names and looks. Inga Rún Sigurðardóttir talked with Ágúst Frey Ingason, Secretary General, about the expansion. Life and animation are around Latabæ these days, and perhaps Americans may not have to wait long for a chance to get acquainted with the Sports, Solla Stare, Gogga Mega and Glanna Crime, or Sportacus, Stephanie, Pixel and Robbie Rotten, as they are called in English. ...
    Go to post

• ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ)

ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ)

ROBBIE ROTTEN IN LAZYTOWN (Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ)
    The National Theatre in Iceland (1999)

A play by Magnús Scheving
    Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ

The characters of Lazytown are household names with Icelandic children, who have got to know them through children books, videotapes and visits to schools and kindergartens by the protagonist, the Sports-Fairy or Sportacus, played by the author himself. "Lazytown" has in fact become an educational concept, emphasizing the importa...
    Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• LazyTown will always live on in me
    by LazyPooky
    Magnus Scheving sees great opportunities in Turner’s purchase of LazyTown. Finally, the company has access to both television and product distribution. LazyTown was a power plug that was looking for electricity and found an entire power plant in Turner. Magnús says he is satisfied with the direction LazyTown is taking, the brand is gradually becoming able to stand on its own two feet after being closely associated with him. “LazyTown will exist without me and will outlive me.”

Read...
    19 May 2023, 21:23
  • Unnur makes her debut at the LazyTown festival (2010)
    by LazyPooky
    Unnur takes the stage in the role of Stephanie for the first time on Saturday March 27, 2010, when the LazyTown festival will be held in Laugardalshöll. The festival is not only historic because Unnur will be revealed as Stephanie, but Magnús Scheving has declared that this is the last time he will play Sportacus on a live entertainment show.

Read more:
    https://articles.lazytown.eu/2010/03...ytown-festival

17 May 2023, 16:10
  • LazyTown moves the world (2008)
    by LazyPooky
    Magnús Scheving started LazyTown in 1995 with the aim of encouraging children and their families to live a healthy lifestyle in a fun way. After years of continuous success in Iceland, sales of fruits and vegetables increased by 22 percent, among other things, following the LazyTown Energy Campaign. About four years ago, in 2004, the actual expansion of LazyTown began, and now it is a world-renowned brand that is steadily strengthening its position as the only international brand dedicated to the...
    9 May 2023, 12:28
  • LazyTown’s Bing Bang (Time To Dance) sold 100,000 singles in the UK (2006)
    by LazyPooky
    Musician Máni Svavarsson has achieved the great success of having sold 100,000 singles with his song Bing Bang from LazyTown, and the song has thus become a gold record seller on the British charts. The song has just entered the list and ranks in fourth place on the list behind the artists Take That, Booty Luv and Eminem and ahead of Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake and Beyonce. Máni says in an interview with Morgunblaðið that he received congratulations from his publishing company last Sunday...
    28 March 2023, 14:40
  • Invisible special effects in LazyTown
    by LazyPooky
    LazyTown’s film world is complex and when the dynamic film fails, Balcells and his colleagues take over. Their role ranges from bringing in the smallest details that are difficult to film to creating full-length videos in 3D. Balcells allows me to look over the shoulder of several employees where really amazing things are happening. “Actually, the technical term ‘technological effects’ does not adequately reflect what we do. If the viewer realizes where technology replaces the film, we have...
    27 March 2023, 13:41
  • Adventures of the girl with the pink hair (2006)
    by LazyPooky
    Who is the cheerful girl with the pink wig who plays Stephanie in LazyTown and was recently nominated for an Emmy Award? Sigríður Víðis Jónsdóttir visited Julianna Rose Mauriello from the USA, who lived in Iceland for almost a year when the first episodes of LazyTown were being filmed. She has now arrived in Iceland for the next season.

Most of the time, she is referred to as Stephanie, but her real name is Julianna Rose Mauriello and she does not have pink hair, but dark brown....
    4 March 2023, 19:47
Working...
X